Patron
http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/31/ken-jennings-mocks-11-year-old-barron-trump/

tweet.JPG

How disappointing.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ahhh... remember the good ole days when we laid off the kids.

No, I don't. I remember the days where Republicans laid off the Democrat kids, but I don't remember a time when the Left didn't think anything goes with their attacks.

I do remember Rush Limbaugh indicating that young Chelsea Clinton was a dog, and the BARRAGE of calls and criticism he got for it....from his fellow conservatives. 20 years later and he's still being reminded of that.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
No, I don't. I remember the days where Republicans laid off the Democrat kids, but I don't remember a time when the Left didn't think anything goes with their attacks.

I do remember Rush Limbaugh indicating that young Chelsea Clinton was a dog, and the BARRAGE of calls and criticism he got for it....from his fellow conservatives. 20 years later and he's still being reminded of that.

You remember a series of pictures that came up on his TV show. Rush was quoting from an article from a NY paper. One was the new cute "In" - a cute kid in the WH. Another cute was "Out" - a cute dog in the WH (Bush's dog Millie. A picture of Millie came up. Rush immediately said "No, that's not the kid. A picture of Chelsea then came up, and Rush said that's the kid, and immediately apologized, several times for the post of the picture. He never called her a dog.

Take it however you want, but keep it in context, please. Just get the facts straight on what actually happened.

I agree with your statement about the left never adhering to not insulting Rep kids. They also never, ever, "apologize" until the heat gets too hot. Mostly, they were never called out on it.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You remember a series of pictures that came up on his TV show. Rush was quoting from an article from a NY paper. One was the new cute "In" - a cute kid in the WH. Another cute was "Out" - a cute dog in the WH (Bush's dog Millie. A picture of Millie came up. Rush immediately said "No, that's not the kid. A picture of Chelsea then came up, and Rush said that's the kid, and immediately apologized, several times for the post of the picture. He never called her a dog.

I am referring to the time when Rush was talking about Socks the cat, and said, "Did you know there's a White House dog?" and then put up a picture of 12 year old Chelsea.

Hijinx

The azzhole won a game show now he thinks he is a freaking comedian.
he may be smart but he is one ignorant sonofabitch.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I am referring to the time when Rush was talking about Socks the cat, and said, "Did you know there's a White House dog?" and then put up a picture of 12 year old Chelsea.

Unless you're referring to the same thing I am, I can find no time when Rush was talking about Socks the cat, and then, "Did you know there's a White House dog?"

There is no proof that I can find about anything other than a picture of Millie then immediately switched to Chelsea. If you're talking about Frankens book in the early 2000's, he can't even get the dates right. Franken says it happened AFTER Clinton was inaugurated. In fact, it happened in Nov 1992, just after the election.

If you can find or show me a transcript or video that would help. Not just quotes that are regularly taken out of context.

Glad you're enjoying visiting all over this grand country of ours.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Unless you're referring to the same thing I am, I can find no time when Rush was talking about Socks the cat, and then, "Did you know there's a White House dog?"

There is no proof that I can find about anything other than a picture of Millie then immediately switched to Chelsea. If you're talking about Frankens book in the early 2000's, he can't even get the dates right. Franken says it happened AFTER Clinton was inaugurated. In fact, it happened in Nov 1992, just after the election.

If you can find or show me a transcript or video that would help. Not just quotes that are regularly taken out of context.

Glad you're enjoying visiting all over this grand country of ours.

Thanks!

I am not going to go googling for a Rush vid/transcript. I don't care whether you believe it happened or not, and have no intention of putting any time into convincing you.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Thanks!

I am not going to go googling for a Rush vid/transcript. I don't care whether you believe it happened or not, and have no intention of putting any time into convincing you.

Fine and dandy here. You have more interesting things to do than fact check, for sure. Where would good urban legends be with all that proof?:buddies:

Toxick

Splat

The absolute worst thing I ever saw about Chelsea Clinton was a caricature done by The LA Times - not really a bastion of conservatism. I never listened to Limbaugh, so I can't speak for him, but that LA Times cartoon was vicious.

I just tried to find it on the intarwebz, but no dice. This was like in 1992-3, or sometime in there - before the tubes-boom of 94. But I'm sure with some research it can be found. It was very cruel, IMO, and I told people by the water cooler that I thought so, since I couldn't rant about it in here.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
The absolute worst thing I ever saw about Chelsea Clinton was a caricature done by The LA Times - not really a bastion of conservatism. I never listened to Limbaugh, so I can't speak for him, but that LA Times cartoon was vicious.

I just tried to find it on the intarwebz, but no dice. This was like in 1992-3, or sometime in there - before the tubes-boom of 94. But I'm sure with some research it can be found. It was very cruel, IMO, and I told people by the water cooler that I thought so, since I couldn't rant about it in here.

Can't find it either. Was apparently Jan 1993 just around the inauguration, and got nothing but extremely negative contents about it. Must have been pretty bad. I can't recall it.

Toxick

Splat
Can't find it either. Was apparently Jan 1993 just around the inauguration, and got nothing but extremely negative contents about it. Must have been pretty bad. I can't recall it.

I was just over 21.

I'm actually surprised that I remember it.

Or anything from that time period at all, the alcohol fueled blur that it is.

I remember going to Hammerjack's on my 21st birthday. Then turning 25, with my right side all sore and a headache.

A few flashes in between.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I was just over 21.

I'm actually surprised that I remember it.

Or anything from that time period at all, the alcohol fueled blur that it is.

I remember going to Hammerjack's on my 21st birthday. Then turning 25, with my right side all sore and a headache.

A few flashes in between.

'93 I was 37. I seem to recall hearing about it, but it apparently was pulled very quickly. Didn't have immediate access to things like that that we have today, but I'm sure it was out there somewhere. Pre-adult kids in the WH should be off limits, but you can't tell the mean leftists that.

BOP

Fine and dandy here. You have more interesting things to do than fact check, for sure. Where would good urban legends be with all that proof?:buddies:

http://lyingliar.com/?p=17

Franken’s Rush/Chelsea lie

Franken and his late friend Molly Ivins made some false claims about Rush Limbaugh in the early nineties. Rush for the most part ignored the claims, perhaps trying not to feed into the smears. So, Ivins weaved this whopper, based loosely on an actual event, and Franken then repeated it countless times until it became ingrained in cultural folklore. It was so ingrained that when the internet took off and LexisNexis came around, no one bothered to fact check it.

Relying on the false history he had already established, Franken repeated this lie in Lies and the Lying Liars who tell them. So I looked into it and of course found hypocrisy, dishonesty and irony.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

So it's as earlier reported. Rush did not refer to Chelsea as a dog. He (laughingly for sure) said the girl with overly long curly hair and braces was the cute kid. But we have to admit he had to have been involved in the scripting and production of the insult.

b23hqb

PREMO Member

Shows how easily distorted, just plain false, versions of "facts" can become gospel truth.

Watched that video several times yesterday, and read that link as well. Franken is such a putz.:buddies: