Thread: Sending email attachments from RHEL 6 to Outlook

Sending email attachments from RHEL 6 to Outlook

I've looked everywhere for a solution and - well - I've run out of ideas, so this is as good as any to just ask?

Has anyone dealt with the problem of Outlook reformatting messages sent from another platform?

I have a weekly report that, since we went to Outlook, keeps coming out misaligned so that it is barely readable. Prior to the switch to Outlook - it came out fine.
    I have tried any number of kinds of documents - plain text, PDF - no matter what I send, it comes out the same, and I am assuming that Outlook is trying to reformat it.

I'm at my wit's end - normally this is a programming puzzle that takes me all of 15 minutes to craft a solution. I spent the better part of a day yesterday, even chatting with old friends online.
    No one could figure it out.

My *guess* is, someone has SEEN this problem and can say "oh - here's a trick - try THIS".
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    I've looked everywhere for a solution and - well - I've run out of ideas, so this is as good as any to just ask?

Has anyone dealt with the problem of Outlook reformatting messages sent from another platform?

I have a weekly report that, since we went to Outlook, keeps coming out misaligned so that it is barely readable. Prior to the switch to Outlook - it came out fine.
    I have tried any number of kinds of documents - plain text, PDF - no matter what I send, it comes out the same, and I am assuming that Outlook is trying to reformat it.

I'm at my wit's end - normally this is a programming puzzle that takes me all of 15 minutes to craft a solution. I spent the better part of a day yesterday, even chatting with old friends online.
    No one could figure it out.

My *guess* is, someone has SEEN this problem and can say "oh - here's a trick - try THIS".
    Is it reformatting an attachment (as your thread subject might suggest) or the text within the body of the e-mail?
    Maryland* - A nice place to live!
    (*excludes Baltimore City, and Prince George's and Montgomery Counties)

Quote Originally Posted by jrt_ms1995 View Post
    Is it reformatting an attachment (as your thread subject might suggest) or the text within the body of the e-mail?
    I actually found a solution using 'mutt'. But yes, it would reformat anything sent in the body of the email message itself.

Using mutt -a (attachment) -s (subject) (alias for list of recipients) < /dev/null --- worked.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Members who have read this thread: 24