Sending email attachments from RHEL 6 to Outlook

SamSpade

I've looked everywhere for a solution and - well - I've run out of ideas, so this is as good as any to just ask?

Has anyone dealt with the problem of Outlook reformatting messages sent from another platform?

I have a weekly report that, since we went to Outlook, keeps coming out misaligned so that it is barely readable. Prior to the switch to Outlook - it came out fine.
I have tried any number of kinds of documents - plain text, PDF - no matter what I send, it comes out the same, and I am assuming that Outlook is trying to reformat it.

I'm at my wit's end - normally this is a programming puzzle that takes me all of 15 minutes to craft a solution. I spent the better part of a day yesterday, even chatting with old friends online.
No one could figure it out.

My *guess* is, someone has SEEN this problem and can say "oh - here's a trick - try THIS".

jrt_ms1995

I've looked everywhere for a solution and - well - I've run out of ideas, so this is as good as any to just ask?

Has anyone dealt with the problem of Outlook reformatting messages sent from another platform?

I have a weekly report that, since we went to Outlook, keeps coming out misaligned so that it is barely readable. Prior to the switch to Outlook - it came out fine.
I have tried any number of kinds of documents - plain text, PDF - no matter what I send, it comes out the same, and I am assuming that Outlook is trying to reformat it.

I'm at my wit's end - normally this is a programming puzzle that takes me all of 15 minutes to craft a solution. I spent the better part of a day yesterday, even chatting with old friends online.
No one could figure it out.

My *guess* is, someone has SEEN this problem and can say "oh - here's a trick - try THIS".

Is it reformatting an attachment (as your thread subject might suggest) or the text within the body of the e-mail? :shrug:

SamSpade

Is it reformatting an attachment (as your thread subject might suggest) or the text within the body of the e-mail? :shrug:

I actually found a solution using 'mutt'. But yes, it would reformat anything sent in the body of the email message itself.

Using mutt -a (attachment) -s (subject) (alias for list of recipients) < /dev/null --- worked.