Suicide: The Era of Fox News Is Over -- MSNBC Takes The Month of May

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The concept of Fox News is so brilliantly simple -- hey, let's launch a news network that doesn’t hate Middle America -- that the only way to kill a Fox News is to convince it to kill itself, which is exactly what the silver-spooned Murdoch sons have done in forcing out Roger Ailes and Bill O'Reilly. For the first time in, what--a decade?, Fox News has lost a vitally important ratings crown to, ohmydeargawd, MSNBC.

What matters in the business of television is the demo, the 25-54 advertiser-coveted age range. That is where the bragging rights are, and in that arena…

MSNBC finished May as the No. 1 cable news network in the advertiser-friendly A25-54 demo for weekday prime (Mon-Fri, 8 – 11 p.m.), per Nielsen. This is the first time the network has defeated both Fox News and CNN on weeknights in the demo since September 2000.

And the #1 cable news personality for the month of May? MSNBC's conspiracy theorist Rachel Maddow.

Do you want to know who, at least until last month, was the #1 cable news personality going all the way back to around the time fire was invented? Yep, one Bill O'Reilly. The man held that crown, day after day, week after week, month after month … and did so forever.

Suicide: The Era of Fox News Is Over -- MSNBC Takes The Month of May

:yay:

Outstanding

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That just shows how popular and powerful O'Reilly was: he was their draw, and the second they canned him their ratings took a nosedive.

MSNBC is an embarrassment. If Fox lost its crown to CNN, that would be one thing - but MSNBC??? What does that say about us as a country??

Fox is still nicely balanced, but they just threw the door wide open and invited competition. And straight up, if that competition can get BillO to anchor their news, Fox is done. I don't think the Murdoch kids care - they have enough money and don't need some news network to enrich them. My take is that they wanted to destroy it from within and write it off.

Apparently Hannity is in jeopardy as well.

Wishbone

MSNBC is an embarrassment. If Fox lost its crown to CNN, that would be one thing - but MSNBC??? What does that say about us as a country??

That the nation is filled with vapid, obedient twaddle between the ages of 16 and 30.

I hate that Watters has replace Eric Bolling on the Five. Not that I have anything against Watters, but it wasn't an even swap.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
That just shows how popular and powerful O'Reilly was: he was their draw, and the second they canned him their ratings took a nosedive.

I have not watched Fox News or O'Reilly in yrs .... it got tedious as did Hannity and Combs
[that will tell you how long its been]

but that has always been the Rights Downfall - they refuse to get down in the dirt
you cannot maintain the high road with these despicable people

Romney didn't pay taxes - H Ried
Cain and others - False Sexual Harassment Suits / Accusations by Gloria Aldridge

- well you Couldn't Until Trump Came Along he and others just don't give a ####, while our Lame Stream GOP leaders are still standing around with there dicks in the hands trying to make a decision

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Fox is still nicely balanced, but they just threw the door wide open and invited competition. And straight up, if that competition can get BillO to anchor their news, Fox is done. I don't think the Murdoch kids care - they have enough money and don't need some news network to enrich them. My take is that they wanted to destroy it from within and write it off.

Apparently Hannity is in jeopardy as well.

You're close.. but off the mark.

This was a Democratic strategy that they want to own ALL media to ensure everyone only hears their truth.. their facts.

They brought in the normal Liberal junta to hunt down Ailes and make up #### about him to force him out knowing the next in line was a like minded Liberal.. It worked taking Ailes out so they continued their attack and got O'Reilly too..

Now FOX is becoming (and will become) another MSNBC.. Doesn't matter who wins the rating as the story will be the same on ALL the channels..

The only truth we'll have going into 2020 or even the 2018 mid terms will be the Liberal mantra, the Liberal news and facts.

THIS was the plan from day one.. O'Reilly was just the next step, and far from the alst step.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This was a Democratic strategy that they want to own ALL media to ensure everyone only hears their truth.. their facts.

They brought in the normal Liberal junta to hunt down Ailes and make up #### about him to force him out knowing the next in line was a like minded Liberal.. It worked taking Ailes out so they continued their attack and got O'Reilly too..

They could only do that with Fox's permission.

Certainly Rupert Murdoch can run his network the way he wants, but let's be clear: this IS what he wants. Otherwise he'd have held his ground.

It's clearly what Fox Entertainment wants, and therefore what 21st Century Fox wants as well.

Not sure what part of my post you think is "off the mark".

itsbob

I bowl overhand
They could only do that with Fox's permission.

Certainly Rupert Murdoch can run his network the way he wants, but let's be clear: this IS what he wants. Otherwise he'd have held his ground.

It's clearly what Fox Entertainment wants, and therefore what 21st Century Fox wants as well.

Not sure what part of my post you think is "off the mark".

Make you wonder what Gloria has on Murdoch doesn't it??

I mean if he's a Capitalist why would he agree to the direction FOX is going in?? They're hemorraghing market share..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Make you wonder what Gloria has on Murdoch doesn't it??

I mean if he's a Capitalist why would he agree to the direction FOX is going in?? They're hemorraghing market share..

They have other interests that make them money - they can afford to use FOX as a loss leader and write-off. Above Fox News is Fox Entertainment Group, and above that is 21st Century Fox. FNC is important to us, the consumer; it doesn't mean a hill of chit to them.

I think Gloria is a plain and simple ambulance chaser and opportunist whore. If she were threatening Murdoch, he could destroy her with one phone call - she's nobody.

Wishbone

They have other interests that make them money - they can afford to use FOX as a loss leader and write-off. Above Fox News is Fox Entertainment Group, and above that is 21st Century Fox. FNC is important to us, the consumer; it doesn't mean a hill of chit to them.

I think Gloria is a plain and simple ambulance chaser and opportunist whore. If she were threatening Murdoch, he could destroy her with one phone call - she's nobody.

Maybe Fox could take a lesson from the Clintons...

Their attackers just start having fatal accidents and suicides.

Hijinx

Hard to believe that enough people like watching a hateful Dyke to let MSNBC beat Fox.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
That the nation is filled with vapid, obedient twaddle between the ages of 16 and 30.

I hate that Watters has replace Eric Bolling on the Five. Not that I have anything against Watters, but it wasn't an even swap.

I like them both. I think Watters has some witty, funny comebacks. :lol: I don't love Eric Bolling's new show, I'd rather watch him solo than the panel he has.

littlelady

God bless the USA
It seems that Eric Bolling's son has died. Very sad. Here is my bing search...

https://www.bing.com/search?q=eric+...-23&sk=&cvid=A8C84AB6D2144E628B759D0AA789EFC1

It is, obviously, true after all the sites I read. The thing I don't get is that Eric/wife would tweet out so soon about such a tragedy. I would be sobbing on the floor, be inconsolable, and could not communicate with anyone. That is just weird. God bless Eric's son.

Last edited:

Weems

It seems that Eric Bolling's son has died. Very sad. Here is my bing search...

https://www.bing.com/search?q=eric+...-23&sk=&cvid=A8C84AB6D2144E628B759D0AA789EFC1

It is, obviously, true after all the sites I read. The thing I don't get is that Eric/wife would tweet out so soon about such a tragedy. I would be sobbing on the floor, be inconsolable, and could not communicate with anyone. That is just weird. God bless Eric's son.

"Likes" are far more important than coming to grips with the loss of your blood. Don't forget EB is an entertainer. What you see on social media is little more than a facade.

littlelady

God bless the USA
"Likes" are far more important than coming to grips with the loss of your blood. Don't forget EB is an entertainer. What you see on social media is little more than a facade.

I see what you are saying. That is as shallow as it gets. Very sad. I was just thinking about Geraldo Rivera that was accused of the same thing Eric Bolling is being accussed of, but Geraldo still has a job with FOX. Nothing makes sense, anymore. Thanks for your response, and God bless US all.

There used to be a 'like' button on this forum. Maybe, that is why admin did away with it.

And, to say again, this is my one and only social media. I guess I am an old fashioned girl, and I like that. Never did FB, Twitter, Instagram, other forums; nothin'. This forum is my Drudge.

I do want to ask if you are related to Steve and his dad. They are two of the most awesome people I ever met in Calvert in my 20 years there. You don't have to answer that question. Just wanted to put my feelings out there. Also, the elder Weems is writing a book about their family history. They have been in Calvert forever (Weymss). Not sure if he is done writing it, yet.

Last edited: