Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: opinions? .. roofers cheap labor caused damage to vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    *A* wife can certainly take care of it. This particular wife, it doesn't seem to be her strong suit.
    My thoughts exactly, hiring a door to door advertising contractor.....Kind of like buying meat out of the back of a truck in the middle of July.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

run my own business, nothing better than a customer stating the estimate is to high. With two million in insurance, I'm covered, things can happen. You got EXACTLY what you paid for!!!!! Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by baxter View Post
    run my own business, nothing better than a customer stating the estimate is to high. With two million in insurance, I'm covered, things can happen. You got EXACTLY what you paid for!!!!! Enjoy
    To be fair, sometimes the estimate is too much. That is the whole reason for getting multiple estimates from reputable contractors. I have had some estimate as low as 60% of the highest.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

My wife is too particular to allow a non licensed contractor..

I think i'm going to call the sheriffs while they are here to do a report and document who they are. i'm sure they will be the same guys.

maybe i'll find out if they're legal or not too, at that time..

Sheriffs Department will probably tell you that it is a civil matter and they can't do anything

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by mdff21 View Post
    Sheriffs Department will probably tell you that it is a civil matter and they can't do anything
    All he has to say is that there has been destruction of private property and would like a report to be made, and that the suspects are still on the scene. And to please bring a fingerprinting kit. If proven the workers are the bad guys, he can go after them personally and the company owner as well. Or, one or the other or both. Danny, better cover up the cycle with a tarp to protect those fingerprints from the elements.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Does this contractor have his Maryland Home Improvement License ?
    And is it valid? What does the State commission website say about him.. ???
    And does he have his number posted on his literature,trucks, Business card????

Always hire Licensed and Insured contractors....

I will ad this to my first post, If this contactor does not have his Md Home Improvement License you need to call the State Police and have them removed from your property and don't pay them any more money. If they try to return the State Police will arrest the owner and any employees that continue to try to work.
    If they are not licensed with the State they are considered Gypsy Contractors buy the State.

And if by chance they do have their Md Home Improvement Lic you need to file a complaint with the Home Improvement Commission on their website.
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...

All he has to say is that there has been destruction of private property and would like a report to be made, and that the suspects are still on the scene. And to please bring a fingerprinting kit. If proven the workers are the bad guys, he can go after them personally and the company owner as well. Or, one or the other or both. Danny, better cover up the cycle with a tarp to protect those fingerprints from the elements.
    Unless it was damaged intentionally it is a civil matter.

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    Unless it was damaged intentionally it is a civil matter.
    That would preclude someone fessing up to the damage. The only way to find out for sure is to have an investigation and a report filed.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

Unless the contractor is from and lives in the same County as you and the work is being done in, you call the State Police, they are not hindered in driving two County's away to go after the Contractor and or employees.
    With local Law Enforcement most likely it will go nowhere..
    .And again if they are Gypsy Contractors the State Troopers will lock them up.
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

Members who have read this thread: 130