Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: opinions? .. roofers cheap labor caused damage to vehicle

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by nutz View Post
    I vote with Jessie, your fault. If it was so valuable to you, you should not have left it out. No way you can verify what happened. Chalk it up to lessons learned and move on.
    His fault? On his own property? Storing a friends bike? If there is one universal truth in the galaxy, it is this; Never, ever. Never ever, to the square root in infinity, touch someone else's motorcycle. More so especially, a custom bike. Unless you have the explicit permission of the owner. Never do it. If the bike was in the way of work being done, either they should have made a phone call to a homeowner, or waited for someone to return home. There is no way he is at fault.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

You can do what ever you are capable of doing. What effect it will have is dubious.
    Cost to shut up and fix damage? $500
    Cost of pissing off your wife? Priceless
    Your signature can not be longer than 100 characters - BS

Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...

His fault? On his own property? Storing a friends bike? If there is one universal truth in the galaxy, it is this; Never, ever. Never ever, to the square root in infinity, touch someone else's motorcycle. More so especially, a custom bike. Unless you have the explicit permission of the owner. Never do it. If the bike was in the way of work being done, either they should have made a phone call to a homeowner, or waited for someone to return home. There is no way he is at fault.
    Exactly,, but not just motorcycles, Anything in the way...
    I worked in the service industry for 10 + years and never once while inside of someones home ,garage, yardbarn or shop would I or anyone working under me move anything of any value without the owner present or a phone call to get permission.. not good business.
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

They were supposed to come the next day.. never showed up.. until after 5pm rolls around.. I thought they weren't coming at that point. For one thing..

They weren't present when i left. I was more worried about strangers.

And blaming the victim? really? I guess you'll tell women they shouldn't dress to be attractive if they got raped or something.

To confirm what i already knew... the neighbor tells me they came the following day after the drop at 8 a.m..

And the scratches that i witnessed magically disappeared.. and you can see where they were buffed off as the pollen was still everywhere else that they didnt' buff.

The bike owner had a bad weekend, someone broke into his truck and stole his work laptop.. and he was thinking about painting his bike anyway so he took it in stride..

i'm still a little bothered that i suspect they are illegal aliens. If the crew was a little more diverse... then my suspicions wouldn't be aroused.. but since they generally speak half-a**** english..

I wonder who these guys are and what their criminal histories are. How do i know they've been screened.. What i do know is that they are liars.. Grr..

As far as the idiot wife comment.. Don't worry about it. If you've got a masters degree and still can't answer 7th grade questions correctly, like which number is larger .34 or .332, or how is water distilled, you might be an idiot too.. and if you use belligerence to settle disagreements.. yes.. I'm quite comfortable referring to her as an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...

Yep, his fault. What proof exists showing anything else. A confession, no. Video, no. You can be mad all you want, the facts have not changed.

The real point was, if you take on the responsibility of someone else's property, you should treat it with more care than your own.
    “WH press corps, it's tough to keep track of the precise number of asses on the premises” D. Gross

6. 06-06-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote Originally Posted by DannyMotorcycle View Post

And blaming the victim? really?
    To confirm what i already knew... the neighbor tells me they came the following day after the drop at 8 a.m..
    You aren't the victim, your buddy is. He trusted you to take care of his stuff and you failed.

And the scratches that i witnessed magically disappeared.. and you can see where they were buffed off as the pollen was still everywhere else that they didnt' buff.

The bike owner had a bad weekend, someone broke into his truck and stole his work laptop.. and he was thinking about painting his bike anyway so he took it in stride..

i'm still a little bothered that i suspect they are illegal aliens. If the crew was a little more diverse... then my suspicions wouldn't be aroused.. but since they generally speak half-a**** english..

I wonder who these guys are and what their criminal histories are. How do i know they've been screened.. What i do know is that they are liars.. Grr..

The workers are untrusted, yet you left the motorcycle where they had access to it again? And you think your wife is an idiot?
    “WH press corps, it's tough to keep track of the precise number of asses on the premises” D. Gross

Yep, his fault. What proof exists showing anything else. A confession, no. Video, no. You can be mad all you want, the facts have not changed.

The real point was, if you take on the responsibility of someone else's property, you should treat it with more care than your own.
    i do. shouldni have asked to borrow your vault? where it was parked was a reasonable place to expect it to be fine. just as fineas any other place available.

You aren't the victim, your buddy is. He trusted you to take care of his stuff and you failed.

The workers are untrusted, yet you left the motorcycle where they had access to it again? And you think your wife is an idiot?
    not as big an idiot as you but yes. where can i learn your psychic powers?

10. 06-06-2017, 01:00 PM
    Reason
    redundant

They were supposed to come the next day.. never showed up.. until after 5pm rolls around.. I thought they weren't coming at that point. For one thing..

They weren't present when i left. I was more worried about strangers.

And blaming the victim? really? I guess you'll tell women they shouldn't dress to be attractive if they got raped or something.

As far as the idiot wife comment.. Don't worry about it. If you've got a masters degree and still can't answer 7th grade questions correctly, like which number is larger .34 or .332, or how is water distilled, you might be an idiot too.. and if you use belligerence to settle disagreements.. yes.. I'm quite comfortable referring to her as an idiot.
    wow, I thought you would've checked that out.

Quote Originally Posted by beachcat View Post
    wow, I thought you would've checked that out.
    My wife was rather adamant about hiring someone reputable vs hiring my life long roofer friends... and the way she was talking, she was only going with someone official, etc...

So i thought she'd be thorough, she sounded as if she was... and then here come these guys :( smh.

Members who have read this thread: 133