Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: opinions? .. roofers cheap labor caused damage to vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by nutz View Post
    Yep, his fault. What proof exists showing anything else. A confession, no. Video, no. You can be mad all you want, the facts have not changed.

The real point was, if you take on the responsibility of someone else's property, you should treat it with more care than your own.
    btw the proof is the damage and the witnesses and probably those finger prints on the tank. I'm confident it would get a judgement in court.

Roofers didn't show all day.
    Bike parked straight in driveway at 5pm testimony
    6 pm Roofers are on location and bike is moved back and to the side, out of a parking spot they used the day before.
    No other persons witnessed present.
    I come home and witness bike moved and scratches after they are gone.
    8 a.m they are witnessed on property in the same area
    later that morning the scratches are buffed mostly clean (but not other damage that can't be buffed out) and the rest of the bike still has pollen on it.
    They don't offer that they witnessed anyone else present, just that they didn't touch the bike...
    Also note they brought a trailer that day but for some reason decided not to bring it on to the property.. maybe to not draw attention to being near the bike.

It looks like the owner is going to let it go, but if not, i think he'll win this case. And yes I am the victim, as we have a relationship and he entrusted it to my car so
    he could possibly attempt to come after me for the damage (and then me after them I suppose).

Those raggedy roofers were supposed to come back again today and didn't show again.. Very unprofessional.

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by DannyMotorcycle View Post
    Those raggedy roofers were supposed to come back again today and didn't show again.. Very unprofessional.
    You get what she pays for?
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...

You get what she pays for?
    No, what she chose, what the insurance company pays for. I told her to get three estimates.. not only to find the best deal but to evaluate who you are dealing with..
    see what each has to say.. how they present themselves.. and it will help you feel out the others.. but did she do that? no.

We probably didnt' even need a new roof. I hear under md or charles county law the roof has be less than 10 years old to be sold? we've only been here 5 years. The roof can't be that old if that's true. I have other things to worry about... so I figure between her and the insurance company.. it would be resolved.. I should have known she'd screw it up though. She's always impatient and paranoid.
    Last edited by DannyMotorcycle; 06-06-2017 at 10:27 PM.

No, what she chose, what the insurance company pays for. I told her to get three estimates.. not only to find the best deal but to evaluate who you are dealing with..
    see what each has to say.. how they present themselves.. and it will help you feel out the others.. but did she do that? no.

We probably didnt' even need a new roof. I hear under md or charles county law the roof has be less than 10 years old to be sold? we've only been here 5 years. The roof can't be that old if that's true. I have other things to worry about... so I figure between her and the insurance company.. it would be resolved.. I should have known she'd screw it up though. She's always impatient and paranoid.
    I have 4 things to say. 1. I always 'liked' your posts on this forum. 2. Why do you belittle your wife so much? 3. If you think your wife is so inept, why did you let her handle this situation? 4. Is the next thread you start going to ask us if we know a good divorce lawyer?
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

btw the proof is the damage and the witnesses and probably those finger prints on the tank. I'm confident it would get a judgement in court.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I have 4 things to say. 1. I always 'liked' your posts on this forum. 2. Why do you belittle your wife so much? 3. If you think your wife is so inept, why did you let her handle this situation? 4. Is the next thread you start going to ask us if we know a good divorce lawyer?

1. Thank you

2. She's not on the forum. Appreciate my honesty. It's warranted.

3. She talked a good game and I also figured that the insurance company wouldn't alllow their money to be wasted.

4. No. She doesnt' want to give me a divorce no matter how many times I ask. She fusses a lot but she knows how awesome i am. I'm sure the next thread I start will not be reqeusting a good divorce lawer. However That's not to say that one day I won't. Why are you taking such an interest or so personal? It's not like i'm saying all women. I'm saying one person. She could in fact be deserving of, and the cause of, these adjectives. Why is she automatically an innocent and good person? she's not. FYI she has domestically abused me, and she has been sternly warned to control herself. People should not mistake my tolerance and patience for weakness.

1. Thank you

2. She's not on the forum. Appreciate my honesty. It's warranted.

3. She talked a good game and I also figured that the insurance company wouldn't alllow their money to be wasted.

4. No. She doesnt' want to give me a divorce no matter how many times I ask. She fusses a lot but she knows how awesome i am. I'm sure the next thread I start will not be reqeusting a good divorce lawer. However That's not to say that one day I won't. Why are you taking such an interest or so personal? It's not like i'm saying all women. I'm saying one person. She could in fact be deserving of, and the cause of, these adjectives. Why is she automatically an innocent and good person? she's not. FYI she has domestically abused me, and she has been sternly warned to control herself. People should not mistake my tolerance and patience for weakness.
    Good grief, Danny. Take some responsibility if you can. Sheesh. I am taking an interest because you are, obviously, not happy. I said when you first posted on this forum, that I thought you were great.

If you as a man, are feeling you are being abused, what does that say about you? Get a divorce. It will be more healthy for you and your wife. Honestly, I can't keep up with you because you have talked out of both sides of your mouth in several threads. Whatever.

And, this thread ties into foxxy's thread. You are not a reliable, experienced source to be commenting on how to handle children. You are welcome. I have lived the pain of a drug addicted child, and my other child, who never did anything wrong was diagnosed with MS last year. You know nothing. Keep it that way. And, please don't preach to me when you have no experience with children. Thanks.

5. You can get a divorce if you want one. Why are you blaming that on your wife, too?
    Last edited by littlelady; 06-08-2017 at 01:17 AM.
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

If I may ...

Just messing you dude. Tongue in cheek so to speak.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    Good grief, Danny. Take some responsibility if you can. Sheesh. I am taking an interest because you are, obviously, not happy. I said when you first posted on this forum, that I thought you were great.
    Is any man truly happy? I think we keep you women around for the 'known' factor. And it's easier than going to a bar every night to get some.

I can tell you that if you take this to court, nothing will come of it.

You have no proof and police are not going to fingerprint the bike.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Members who have read this thread: 42