Craftsman wanted

Eventful

I am looking for someone in the area experienced incarpentry I am looking for someone to create large letters out of wood

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Size? Finished/unfinished? Type wood?

Why not just google "wood letters to buy"?

PeoplesElbow

You can buy wooden letters at michaels and even walmart some times.

I can cut letters out on my scrollsaw but ones that size are going to cost quite a bit.

How much are you thinking I don't need a sign maker because the letters need to be individual

Go look at the Eagle Profession building on Epic Drive. Look at the Northrop Grumman signage. That's made of high density material (not wood), made by a sign maker. It's all just individual letters.

PeoplesElbow

How much are you thinking I don't need a sign maker because the letters need to be individual

It would depend on a lot, namely how many, what you would want them made out of (plywood or walnut), plain, painted, or stained etc.

A bunch of Capital G's would be more of a pain to make than say an I or an L too.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Craftsman wanted

Sears does still sells all kinds of things from Craftsman tools, to Craftsman Lawn Mowers & Tractors etc. Are you looking for new or used? For used, yard sales and estate sales are good for finding vintage Craftsman tools.

BTW, a carpenter; Carpentry is a skilled trade in which the primary work performed is the cutting, shaping and installation of building materials during the construction of buildings, ships, timber bridges, concrete formwork, etc.

What you need is a woodworker; Woodworking is the activity or skill of making items from wood, and includes cabinet making (Cabinetry and Furniture), wood carving, joinery, and woodturning.

Hannibal

I got a local guy (lives in Prince Frederick) who works for a large home builder in the tri-county area (therefore travels the area frequently). This is right up his alley. Shoot me a PM with your email address and I will try to quickly get you his info.