Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there any point now...?

Quote Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    The Pollyanna in me made me post again. My father always said my honesty will get the best of me. I am 16 years your senior. Like I said, always been healthy, but I think the last few years have taken a toll on me. I come from a long line of family with great constitutions. My grandfather died at 95 while he was pushing his non mechanical lawnmower. But, I have put off going to the doc/dentist for more than a year; not six months. I know you are worried and scared. Just go, like I am. Everything will probably be ok. Remember, I am part Pollyanna, and life is always sunny and good, if I/we let it be.
    I too have longevity in my family on my father's side. My great-grandma passed just a few years ago at the age of 102, literally weeks shy of her 103rd birthday. Grandma is still alive at 93. I'll have to shed the cloak of security I've always worn because of that, eh?

Push gently on your breastbone, if it feels tender you have had silent GERD for a while, get it under control it can lead to throat cancer if left untreated.

I have acid reflux, i can no longer eat pepperoni because I will wake up feeling like I have lava in my throat and nothing makes it go away. Now I take Prilosec every day and it keeps it mostly at bay, the tenderness in my chest is gone and I have to eat like an old person, did you say the 4PM early bird special?
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Look up symptoms of gall bladder infection. Many forget about that pesky thing and you are in the average age of when they can go putried and have to be taken out.
    Imagine how much better America would be if you would simply don a pair a pants before sitting down at your Playskool My First 'Puter.

LibertyBeacon

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    Push gently on your breastbone, if it feels tender you have had silent GERD for a while, get it under control it can lead to throat cancer if left untreated.

I have acid reflux, i can no longer eat pepperoni because I will wake up feeling like I have lava in my throat and nothing makes it go away. Now I take Prilosec every day and it keeps it mostly at bay, the tenderness in my chest is gone and I have to eat like an old person, did you say the 4PM early bird special?
    Nooooo! Don't make me give up pepperoni! Lol
    Some folks just need a high-five. Some just need a high-five to the face.

Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    Look up symptoms of gall bladder infection. Many forget about that pesky thing and you are in the average age of when they can go putried and have to be taken out.
    I will! Thanks for the tip

I'm no doctor, but....

That's it ... that's all I've got. Sorry.
    Listen to me now, and believe me later: it doesn't matter how much you pump up those muscles, as long as you reach the full pumptential.

It's not 'roids but thanks for noticing...

Quote Originally Posted by warneckutz View Post
    I'm no doctor, but....

That's it ... that's all I've got. Sorry.
    Fair enough!

It sucks to get old, but we all have to do it. My mother said that to me years ago when I was a teenager; when she was applying makeup. That was prob 1970, or something in that range. She was right as always. I never forgot, and it makes me laugh to hear her in my head. She was the best mom, ever. She smoked, too. Virginia Slims, and thought that would kill her. Well, it didn't. She died of Alzheimers and forgot she smoked. And this was a woman that taught me to play classical piano, was a realtor/developer in Nola, wrote poems, country music, and children's books. And, was a whiz at the NY Times crossword puzzles. We never know what will take us from this earth. So, take care of yourself, and I will try to do the same. As my dot says...there are a lot of people counting on you, mom. Thanks for the guilt trip, my precious baby girl that now has a precious baby girl!

I, also, want to say how close I was to my mom. We were best friends. There are things she probably didn't want to know. Just like in the present, my dot and I are best friends, and there are things I could have lived without knowing, too. But, the relationship between me/mom/dot warms my heart, and it is good to know we share/shared all that as women. Sorry, hbm, I just need to channel my thoughts, sometimes. This forum is where I do that.. I had to vent because it seems that now that dot is preg again, her MS symptoms are coming back. Docs usually say that pregnancy alleviates the MS symptoms, and then get back on meds after birth. She is 30, and it is not fair'; and she is not feeling well. I get so pissed off. Meg has never done a wrong thing in her life. She is the perfect dot. Let us know how you are doing.

This is my one and only social media outlet ever in my life. I am a dinosaur. No hijacking of thread intended.

I, also, want to say that there is something familiar about you. I don't know if you have been on this forum before, or you are just a person that is easy going, and easy to know. If, that is really you in your avatar, then I don't know you. Anyway. I like you. Now, I need to go to bed, or I do no one any good. Nite, nite.
    Last edited by littlelady; 06-05-2017 at 03:45 AM.
    Like I said, JMO, yo! - Roman

Quote Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    It sucks to get old...
    It doesn't have to. After going through a few bouts of colitis and also having GERD (which caused Barrett's Esophagus), I got educated on the root cause of these things and changed the way I eat and deal with stress. Those are the two biggest factors in causing most of our ailments. I eat clean, work out, and I am in better shape now than I was in my 20s and 30s. Having these things happen to me was a big motivator.

Bikermama... I don't know where you are now in this, but do what many said... get to the ER and have a complete heart exam. Even though I still get chest pains from time to time, when it gets bad - even when I probably know it's the reflux - I still get to the ER and get it checked. I took Prilosec for a while, but it was causing some side effects. I was on Nexium for a long time and it worked great. Now I'm on Protonix. It's working well. The one thing you have to hope doesn't happen is getting Barrett's Esophagus. That's pre-cancerous damage to the Barrett's Ring in the bottom of the esophagus just before the stomach. So, if you find out this is reflux, I would demand an upper endoscopy. What they might also find, if you have reflux, is a hiatal hernia. A very common thing that causes reflux.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by hotbikermama40 View Post
    I am feeling better but will still work on getting in asap. I tend to stick my head in the sand when it comes to having to see the doctor - I'm a terrible procrastinator!
    You should heed the advise given here and see a doctor. Because if you are not careful, you just might wake up dead some day.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

Members who have read this thread: 68