Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is there any point now...?

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    Now I take Prilosec every day and it keeps it mostly at bay ...

I take the over the counter this is similar to Nexium .... every day - keeps the 12 am gagging on stomach acid at bay
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    It doesn't have to. After going through a few bouts of colitis and also having GERD (which caused Barrett's Esophagus), I got educated on the root cause of these things and changed the way I eat and deal with stress. Those are the two biggest factors in causing most of our ailments. I eat clean, work out, and I am in better shape now than I was in my 20s and 30s. Having these things happen to me was a big motivator.

Bikermama... I don't know where you are now in this, but do what many said... get to the ER and have a complete heart exam. Even though I still get chest pains from time to time, when it gets bad - even when I probably know it's the reflux - I still get to the ER and get it checked. I took Prilosec for a while, but it was causing some side effects. I was on Nexium for a long time and it worked great. Now I'm on Protonix. It's working well. The one thing you have to hope doesn't happen is getting Barrett's Esophagus. That's pre-cancerous damage to the Barrett's Ring in the bottom of the esophagus just before the stomach. So, if you find out this is reflux, I would demand an upper endoscopy. What they might also find, if you have reflux, is a hiatal hernia. A very common thing that causes reflux.
    Good for you!

What you said makes sense. When I made cheerleader in HS, I worried so much about it over the summer that I got acute colitis. Once I was an active cheerleader, I didn't ever have it again. Which doesn't make sense, or, maybe, it does. I have been much more stressed since that time in my life. I have learned to meditate and I recommend the book, The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. My son, actually, gave it to me after he read it. I exercise, but my eating habits are awful.

Quote Originally Posted by hotbikermama40 View Post
    Nooooo! Don't make me give up pepperoni! Lol
    How are your symptoms? Are you feeling better? Did you go to a doc?
    Last edited by littlelady; 06-08-2017 at 10:25 PM.
    Like I said, JMO, yo! - Roman

Quote Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    Good for you!

What you said makes sense. When I made cheerleader in HS, I worried so much about it over the summer that I got acute colitis. Once I was an active cheerleader, I didn't ever have it again. Which doesn't make sense, or, maybe, it does. I have been much more stressed since that time in my life. I have learned to meditate and I recommend the book, The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. My son, actually, gave it to me after he read it. I exercise, but my eating habits are awful.

How are your symptoms? Are you feeling better? Did you go to a doc?
    Not to the ER but making an appointment with my doctor and good news is no return of symptoms!
    Some folks just need a high-five. Some just need a high-five to the face.

Members who have read this thread: 68