Started Seeing A Gastroenterologist

DEEKAYPEE8569

.....due to "a mistake" made @ G'town in 2014. Resulting issues post-surgery, just got worse, so that's why.
Today, doc asks me if I've ever had a colonoscopy. Ehhhh.....no; don't want one either. It was strongly suggested I have one done, because of the "mistake" that was made.
I'm prob'ly just worrying 'bout nuthin'. Right? Cuz I'll be asleep anyway.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
.....due to "a mistake" made @ G'town in 2014. Resulting issues post-surgery, just got worse, so that's why.
Today, doc asks me if I've ever had a colonoscopy. Ehhhh.....no; don't want one either. It was strongly suggested I have one done, because of the "mistake" that was made.

prep work is the worst part..

The 24 hours leading up to it, but I understand that has become a lot easier now.

The procedure itself?? Hit your finger with a hammer, that's 1000 times worse.

You won't feel anything during or after..

Don't sweat it. it's a non-event plus you get the added bonus of cool pictures to put in your Christmas cards this year.

DEEKAYPEE8569

I thought this was a dating thread... damn.
No, it's not, but I'm sure that won't stop you.

The Dr. is female; she's good looking; and I don't see a ring. Thing is, after "the procedure" saying, 'what are you doing for dinner tomorrow night?' just somehow seems inappropriate. :lol:

warneckutz

The Dr. is female; she's good looking; and I don't see a ring. Thing is, after "the procedure" saying, 'what are you doing for dinner tomorrow night?' just somehow seems inappropriate. :lol:

Maybe see how the follow up goes... if she can put up with your #### after that then you may be in like flint.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

In that case, just as the drugs are starting to work..

Look into her eyes and say..

"Can you at least Kiss me first??"

If it doesn't work you can blame the drugs..

b23hqb

PREMO Member

If the DR recommends, it, get 'er done. Painless except for the no eating anything solid 24 hours prior to, and all the prep work the night before on your throne....

DEEKAYPEE8569

If the DR recommends, it, get 'er done. Painless except for the no eating anything solid 24 hours prior to, and all the prep work the night before on your throne....
The problem might be the 'no solid food 24 hours prior.' I take meds for other issues, that recommend taking them with food. "Food," to me anyway, means something solid.
Guess I'll address this with the doc before I'm supposed to fast the night before the camera work. Either that, or I'll just get a sub sammich after the aforementioned camera work.

Last edited:

Wishbone

The problem might be the 'no solid food 24 hours prior.' I take meds for other issues, that recommend taking them with food. "Food," to me anyway, means something solid.
Guess I'll address this with the doc before I'm supposed to fast the night before the camera work. Either that, or I'll just get a sub sammich after the aforementioned camera work.
During the Prep work... If you experience any gas pressure RUN!

Toxick

Splat

The procedure is nothing.

In fact, if you want to have some fun, try staying awake while the anesthesia is kicking in. You'll definitely succumb to the anesthesia, but the buzz is pretty intense and exceedingly pleasant. After you drift off, it feels like only seconds have passed and you're waking up all done. Seriously.

Now the bad news. The night before you're going to have to drink a gallon of this rancid #### called "Go Lightly" - which is a misleading title. There's no pain - no real discomfort even - but that #### is very hard to drink. It's like chugging warm saliva. But it'll clean you out slick as a whistle.

Get baby wipes and put them next to your commode.

An air freshener probably couldn't hurt either.

DEEKAYPEE8569

The procedure is nothing.

In fact, if you want to have some fun, try staying awake while the anesthesia is kicking in. You'll definitely succumb to the anesthesia, but the buzz is pretty intense and exceedingly pleasant. After you drift off, it feels like only seconds have passed and you're waking up all done. Seriously.

Now the bad news. The night before you're going to have to drink a gallon of this rancid #### called "Go Lightly" - which is a misleading title. There's no pain - no real discomfort even - but that #### is very hard to drink. It's like chugging warm saliva. But it'll clean you out slick as a whistle.

Get baby wipes and put them next to your commode.

An air freshener probably couldn't hurt either.

I've had SO many surgeries that required total unconsciousness that it doesn't bother me to have to be sedated for a procedure. Actually, I ask for it.
"Do I have to be knocked out for this?" "Can I be?

I've had to down Barium or whatever "contrast" is; for CT scans. I just have to chant (in my head) 'Just a chocolate milkshake.' 'Just a chocolate milkshake.' Disposable wipes and air fresheners we have, a' plenty. To me, this is just another routine procedure. I don't like them; but after all I've been through in my lifetime, they don't phase me anymore. "If it's gotta be done....."
:shrug:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I joked about putting a color picture of my Balloon Knot on a Christmas card one year.

I had some cool, really high quality pics last Thanksgiving of my latest in Nov of a polyup hanging in there. The adults understood and have been there, but the younger set just said "Ewwwwww - no thanks". Their time is a-coming.

Last edited: