Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tiki Bar Bruhaha

i'm not sure that i trust the word of the person who was fired.

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by DannyMotorcycle View Post
    Don't know if I'd trust the owner much either.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

Sometimes people get fired for the wrong reasons. IE. To cover the owner's a$$.

Quote Originally Posted by awpitt View Post
    Sometimes people get fired for the wrong reasons. IE. To cover the owner's a$$.
    Or they were looking for a reason to fire them and used this as justification.

I'm not keenly familiar with the details but the customer's complaints seem to contradict the fired employee's versions significantly.

In business, in general, you want your employees to be pleasant, even when handling customers presenting a problem. if the customers weren't swearing, and otherwise offending other patrons, then the staff should have been very polite, and the customers should have never felt an adversarial presence. The employee should have generally kissed ass to get them to yield to the rules. How you treat customers is the difference between failure and extreme success. Every customer is a potential fortune in directing new customers to your establishment. Instead of saying "Hey no rags!" or "hey you cant' come in here wearing that" The customer should have been told something like "Excuse me, personally I really like your head gear, it's really cool, it really is nice looking, but I wonder if you wouldn't mind taking it off? don't get me wrong, it's nice and it would look great if you kept it on, but then the other people who wear gang head gear will cause us problems if we don't ask all of our patrons to remove their headgear as an equal and fair rule, so could you help us out and remove it while you're here? we'd really appreciate it and we're sorry if it inconveniences you, but we hope you can understand why we're asking? it's not so much about you, as it is others who actually cause problems".

In this day and age so many businesses have forgotten the concept of the customer is always right.. and while the owner might have douche tendencies lol (i dont' know, maybe not) I'm inclined to side with him at least initially until more data comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by RareBreed View Post
    Or they were looking for a reason to fire them and used this as justification.
    yep, and in which case, they were probably already douches previously.

7. 06-09-2017, 04:04 AM

If I may ...

I'm not keenly familiar with the details but the customer's complaints seem to contradict the fired employee's versions significantly.

In business, in general, you want your employees to be pleasant, even when handling customers presenting a problem. if the customers weren't swearing, and otherwise offending other patrons, then the staff should have been very polite, and the customers should have never felt an adversarial presence. The employee should have generally kissed ass to get them to yield to the rules. How you treat customers is the difference between failure and extreme success. Every customer is a potential fortune in directing new customers to your establishment. Instead of saying "Hey no rags!" or "hey you cant' come in here wearing that" The customer should have been told something like "Excuse me, personally I really like your head gear, it's really cool, it really is nice looking, but I wonder if you wouldn't mind taking it off? don't get me wrong, it's nice and it would look great if you kept it on, but then the other people who wear gang head gear will cause us problems if we don't ask all of our patrons to remove their headgear as an equal and fair rule, so could you help us out and remove it while you're here? we'd really appreciate it and we're sorry if it inconveniences you, but we hope you can understand why we're asking? it's not so much about you, as it is others who actually cause problems".

In this day and age so many businesses have forgotten the concept of the customer is always right.. and while the owner might have douche tendencies lol (i dont' know, maybe not) I'm inclined to side with him at least initially until more data comes out.
    I don't know. The fired employees had been there for years. I'm sure that type of alleged negative behavior would have manifest well before this incident. I don't think they did of what they are accused.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

Blog Entries
    yep, and in which case, they were probably already douches previously.
    My impression of Tiki bar bouncers is that they're all douches. But that's based on when I used to go there years ago.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    My impression of Tiki bar bouncers is that they're all douches. But that's based on when I used to go there years ago.
    Except for Ala, the Jamaican dude. He's awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Judging from your username and post history it seems like you would be predisposed to believe the biker customer. I think I'm inclined to believe the bouncer simply because it seems unlikely he would make up rules and pick fights with customers for no reason. Why give yourself the headache.

Members who have read this thread: 161