Easy Whipped Cream

Saw this on a cooking show.

My standard way of making whipped cream was to put the cream in a bowl and either use a hand whisk or electric mixer. Either way, you wind up making more than you need just so it all works right, and easy to wind up with butter.

Instead, use a small jar, like a pint mason jar. Fill it 1/3 with heavy cream, add a spoonful of powdered sugar, cap and shake. In less than two minutes you have perfect whipped cream, can't over whip it.

If you add a spoonful of your favorite jelly/jam, you can make a flavored whipped cream.

If you have fun guests over, you can give each person their own jar and let them make their own flavor/version for desert.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Oh. I was expecting something more interesting. Carry on

:killingme

I made some last weekend for strawberry shortcake and it wasn't too much at all. I just used 1/2 pint of heavy cream, 2 Tbsp of sugar.

I used my electric mixer. 5 minutes - viola! it was whipped. (I chilled the metal bowl and beaters from the mixer in the freezer before I whipped the cream)

lovinmaryland

Cool thanks for the tip! I think the kids would get a kick out of doing that!

If I'm whipping cream for a dish that will sit for a while in the fridge (like a shortcake or something) I bloom a little bit of gelatin and add it to the cream when its just starting to form very soft peaks. It helps stabilize it. It'll stay perfectly whipped for 12 hours w/ out getting weepy/drippy.