Deuteronomy 7 Hating God brings distruction

seekeroftruth

Deuteronomy 7:7 The Lord did not set his affection on you and choose you because you were more numerous than other peoples, for you were the fewest of all peoples. 8 But it was because the Lord loved you and kept the oath he swore to your ancestors that he brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the land of slavery, from the power of Pharaoh king of Egypt. 9 Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments. 10 But

those who hate him he will repay to their face by destruction;
he will not be slow to repay to their face those who hate him.

11 Therefore, take care to follow the commands, decrees and laws I give you today.​

Well, here's the easy English input.

God does not give any reason why he chose the Israelites as his special nation. They were not a large nation. God loved them just because he loved them! In Hosea 14:4, God says this. ‘I will love them freely.’ He rescued them from Pharaoh, the king of Egypt. And that showed that he loved them. So, the Israelites should obey God’s commandments. That would show that they were grateful to him.

This comes from Bible.org.

This verse accentuates the unmerited, undeserved mercy, grace, and love of God! As a matter of fact, Israel was difficult to love because of her stiffnecked stubbornness . God's grace is displayed even more clearly because of Israel's rebellion!

I know Moses is addressing the troops here. I know Moses is updating the faith training of the men who are soon going to battle the inhabitants of the Promised Land one more time. I know Moses is telling these troops that God wants them to succeed. God choose this land for the people He created. I keep imagining God looking over one of those battleground displays. [You know.... the plywood 4X8 complete with landscapes and lots of toy people.] I keep imagining God making sure every little detail is correct.... and then I imagine God takes his arm and clears out the best section and puts all his favorite creations there. But God didn't just clear out the best section.... He planned to instruct his favorite creations on the manner in which they would help Him clear it out.

Then I get to verse 10. He'll deal with us face to face. Doesn't that sound like a Father?

He loved us first.

:coffee:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You got a glittering sword, govvy? Got any pics you can post? I'm in to collecting that kinda stuff.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Those stars in his right hand..throwing stars, right? Cool. You are in to some neat stuff.