Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas bans safest and most common abortion procedure after 13 weeks

Texas bans safest and most common abortion procedure after 13 weeks

Despite many posters here saying that they don't care what other people do and have no interest in keeping people from abortions as long as they don't have to pay for them it seems Republican lawmakers in Texas do.

"So how does that impact women? Well, two of the measures in the bill – the D&X abortion ban and the ban on the sale of fetal tissue – are just lawmakers beating their anti-choice drums. Federal law already forbids the sale of fetal tissue, and “partial-birth” abortions were outlawed more than a decade ago. The provision requiring women to bury or cremate fetal remains if they get an abortion is more a shaming tactic than anything – it’s designed to imbue the fetus with “personhood,” which is a common pro-life tactic. It’s the last provision – the ban on D&E abortions – that’s most concerning. Dubbed “dismemberment abortions” by pro-life activists, the method is one of the safest and most common for second-trimester abortions. What’s more, the bill makes no exceptions in the case of rape or incest, meaning victims of either would be forced to carry their pregnancies to term. The ban would only be waived in the case of a “medical emergency.”

http://www.sacurrent.com/the-daily/a...after-13-weeks

49 other states to murder your child in
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

Personally, I think you should be able to kill your children from conception, right on up to about the age of 3 years.

The good part about post-natal abortion is that the mother's life is never in danger.
    It's also more humane to snap their little necks than it is to turn them into a bratwurst, IMO.
    I could be mistaken. Maybe it was another bald-headed jigsaw-puzzle-tattooed naked guy I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    49 other states to murder your child in
    Do you always call fetuses children? That's a very odd colloquialism

Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    So is you calling yourself an intelligent adult...your point?
    Some folks just need a high-five. Some just need a high-five to the face.

Quote Originally Posted by hotbikermama40 View Post
    Is that your best argument ? For the millionth time to insult me instead of addressing the issue?

Is that what brings you and your sacred religious beliefs joy?
    I thought you were all for people doing what they want as long as you didn't have to pay for it?

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    I'd guess sappy's parents just thought of it as a lump of cells and useless tissues as it mutated inside it's mother's uterus. They would still be right.
    “The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.” - President James A. Garfield

Just look at that, we agree on something..

Quote Originally Posted by hotbikermama40 View Post

Normal response from a anti------. When you all can't answer like a civil adult just spew insults..
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

Is that your best argument ? For the millionth time to insult me instead of addressing the issue?

Is that what brings you and your sacred religious beliefs joy?
    I thought you were all for people doing what they want as long as you didn't have to pay for it?
    My religion has nothing to do with this, so you bringing it up is completely idiotic. Par for the course, when it comes to you.

So let's address the issue - go do some serious, nonpartisan research on the week to week development of a child (yes...child) from conception to 13 weeks. By definition, no matter the stage the baby is in during gestation, he/she is a contiguous living system.

And as far as a woman choosing one or the other, if she chooses an abortion, she damn well better figure it out before she gets to the 2nd trimester. And a victim of sexual assault would know early enough, likely more so than your average Jane. So unless the D&C is necessary for medical reasons, in which cases the ban would be waived, it can be done earlier so, at the very least, the child in utero is less likely to suffer. This new bill is awesome. The provision requiring the burial or cremation of the baby once it has been successfully killed isn't a shaming tactic - it's a measure of respect and ritual afforded every human being upon their death. No one besides pro-choicers ever called it that and isn't that interesting that "shame" is where there minds go?

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Just look at that, we agree on something..

Normal response from a anti------. When you all can't answer like a civil adult just spew insults..
    Hmm, maybe - though the original question was in and of itself, insulting, knowing that by many posting or otherwise reading here, the belief is that life begins at conception. So yeah, I might "spew insults" as you say, but that doesn't negate whether I can or can't answer something. And Sappy destroyed any credibility as a fellow civil adult quite a ways back.

Members who have read this thread: 64