Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Eric Trump "Democrats aren't even people"

Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    the "other" is somehow less than and undeserving of....... a viewpoint.
    **THIS*** is *precisely* what the left promotes. Constantly. This is their argument whenever their attempts to silence the right comes up - that it doesn't deserve to be heard.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Okay. Feel free to show me where a democrat said that conservatives were sub human.

I'll wait.
    Durbin Calls Republicans 'Squealing Political Pigs'
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

You guys can use whatever excuse you want but calling people stupid or uneducated or angry is very different then calling someone not human and as I said before serves to plant the idea in people's mind that the "other" is somehow less than and undeserving of life and a viewpoint.
    I'm not going to make excuses for anyone. If you really believe ET literally believes democrats aren't people, then you go on and believe that. I'd like to think it was a rhetorical statement.

The fact is, you Trump-hating liberals have lost your ever-loving minds. You are obsessed with finding any way to get Trump out of that White House. Much of what I see is behavior that puts you in a category that I can only define as caveman-like - an almost caveman-like, uncivilized, enraged, insane hatred that gets harder to define. You people on the left love to talk about tolerance, yet you have none. NONE! You have become some of the most hateful people that exist. The violence the left has engaged in, simply because you didn't get your way in the election, defines the insanity that has consumed your side.

Perhaps, when liberals start behaving like rational, civilized human beings, you might get a little more respect as human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by hotbikermama40 View Post
    Why are you being so willfully blind?

a true believer in its own self righteousness ... Republicans are EVIL
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

You guys can use whatever excuse you want but calling people stupid or uneducated or angry is very different then calling someone not human and as I said before serves to plant the idea in people's mind that the "other" is somehow less than and undeserving of life and a viewpoint.
    Sadly you're right about this. He should not have called people "not even people". No one should.

But, you are doing no better when you blatantly lie about what he said. He's CLEARLY not talking about all Democrats, he's talking about the "hatred like this"-spewing people (to use his own words). While the actions are somewhat sub-human, or at least horrifically uncivilized, that does not make people "not even people."

The problem is, when you lie about what was said, you're implying it wasn't bad enough on its own and needs to be worse than reality to be worthy of attack. Attack the truth - it's wrong to call those people "not even people." Charles Manson is a person just like Kathy Griffin, and they need to be recognized as humans in the same way.
    There are only two possibilities; one is that we are alone in the universe, the other is that we are not.
    Both are terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    Charles Manson is a person just like Kathy Griffin, and they need to be recognized as humans in the same way.

Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, and Mao were people too .......
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

Charles Manson is a person just like Kathy Griffin, and they need to be recognized as humans in the same way.
    Manson is only human from a DNA standpoint. His mental capacity and actions are not human. And I think this is where ET is coming from. Yes, are part of the human species, but that's about where your humanness ends, because your behavior is so abhorrent. If you're on the receiving end of a constant barrage of hatred I think you get a difference view on humanity, or the lack thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    Manson is only human from a DNA standpoint. His mental capacity and actions are not human. And I think this is where ET is coming from. Yes, are part of the human species, but that's about where your humanness ends, because your behavior is so abhorrent. If you're on the receiving end of a constant barrage of hatred I think you get a difference view on humanity, or the lack thereof.
    I can see that, but even Charles Manson should not be treated inhumanely. We codified that in the Constitution - no cruel or unusual treatment, regardless of crime.

Jesus tells me to love the sinner, hate the sin. People are people. Jesus does not imply to ME, to MY understanding, that loving someone means that I have to let them harm me or others, so it is perfectly fit in my opinion for Mr. Manson to be in jail until the day he dies. But, he should be fed, and allowed the basic comforts of life, etc. I do not believe, my opinion, that he should be considered or treated as sub-human.
    There are only two possibilities; one is that we are alone in the universe, the other is that we are not.
    Both are terrifying.

Okay. Feel free to show me where a democrat said that conservatives were sub human.

I'll wait.

I seem to remember a remark not that long ago about "deplorable" or something of that nature?

Maybe I'm remembering wrong. Maybe she meant it as a compliment.
    If I had a nickel for every gender, I'd have two nickels.

I can see that, but even Charles Manson should not be treated inhumanely. We codified that in the Constitution - no cruel or unusual treatment, regardless of crime.

Jesus tells me to love the sinner, hate the sin. People are people. Jesus does not imply to ME, to MY understanding, that loving someone means that I have to let them harm me or others, so it is perfectly fit in my opinion for Mr. Manson to be in jail until the day he dies. But, he should be fed, and allowed the basic comforts of life, etc. I do not believe, my opinion, that he should be considered or treated as sub-human.
    I'm not aware anyone has brought how people should be treated. We're strictly talking about how we define people based on their behavior. Perhaps this was a poor choice of words on ET's part; but given what he and his family have had to put with, I can understand why he feels this way. I really think his comment was meant to be taken rhetorically, not literally.

Members who have read this thread: 66