Facebook wants to spy on people through their smartphone camera and analyse the emotions on their fa

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Facebook wants to spy on people through their smartphone camera and analyse the emotions on their face

Social network patents technology which monitors users' reactions to the posts, messages and adverts they see on its app

The social network applied for a patent to capture pictures of a user through their smartphone.

The creepy designs, which date back to 2015, were discovered by software company CBI Insight, which has been analysing Mark Zuckerberg’s “emotion technology”.

Patent documents contain illustrations showing a person holding a smartphone with a camera taking a picture from which “emotion characteristics” like smiling or frowning are detected.

If the person appears to like what they’re seeing, Facebook could place more of the same type of content in front of them.

Toxick

Splat
If the person appears to like what they’re seeing, Facebook could place more of the same type of content in front of them.

I have an angry resting face.

When I scan Facebook, or somd.com, or the Washington post or The Blaze or 9gag or icanhazcheezburger, or when I type ROFLMAO, I have the same disgusted, pissed off look like I'm about to barf up a like gallon of sick pukey vomit.

I have chronic traffic-face.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
They, and other technologies and appliances, have been spying on people for a long time. What difference does it make now on how one looks? It's impossible for these companies to be any more intrusive. Think about that the next time you have your phone out in the john, anywhere.:whip:

DEEKAYPEE8569

Facebook wants to spy on people through their smartphone camera and analyse the emotions on their face

Social network patents technology which monitors users' reactions to the posts, messages and adverts they see on its app

The social network applied for a patent to capture pictures of a user through their smartphone.

The creepy designs, which date back to 2015, were discovered by software company CBI Insight, which has been analysing Mark Zuckerberg’s “emotion technology”.

Patent documents contain illustrations showing a person holding a smartphone with a camera taking a picture from which “emotion characteristics” like smiling or frowning are detected.

There's a simple, cheap way to avoid being unknowingly captured by your smartphone camera; put a small piece of Scotch tape over it when you're online and only remove the aforementioned tape when using an app. like Face Time or whatever the heck it is.