Thread: Facebook wants to spy on people through their smartphone camera and analyse the emotions on their fa

Facebook wants to spy on people through their smartphone camera and analyse the emotions on their fa

Facebook wants to spy on people through their smartphone camera and analyse the emotions on their face

Social network patents technology which monitors users' reactions to the posts, messages and adverts they see on its app

The social network applied for a patent to capture pictures of a user through their smartphone.

The creepy designs, which date back to 2015, were discovered by software company CBI Insight, which has been analysing Mark Zuckerberg’s “emotion technology”.

Patent documents contain illustrations showing a person holding a smartphone with a camera taking a picture from which “emotion characteristics” like smiling or frowning are detected.

If the person appears to like what they’re seeing, Facebook could place more of the same type of content in front of them.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    If the person appears to like what they’re seeing, Facebook could place more of the same type of content in front of them.

I have an angry resting face.

When I scan Facebook, or somd.com, or the Washington post or The Blaze or 9gag or icanhazcheezburger, or when I type ROFLMAO, I have the same disgusted, pissed off look like I'm about to barf up a like gallon of sick pukey vomit.

I have chronic traffic-face.
    I could be mistaken. Maybe it was another bald-headed jigsaw-puzzle-tattooed naked guy I saw.

Reason number 27 not to ever setup a Facebook account..
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    They, and other technologies and appliances, have been spying on people for a long time. What difference does it make now on how one looks? It's impossible for these companies to be any more intrusive. Think about that the next time you have your phone out in the john, anywhere.
    “The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.” - President James A. Garfield

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    Facebook wants to spy on people through their smartphone camera and analyse the emotions on their face

Social network patents technology which monitors users' reactions to the posts, messages and adverts they see on its app

The social network applied for a patent to capture pictures of a user through their smartphone.

The creepy designs, which date back to 2015, were discovered by software company CBI Insight, which has been analysing Mark Zuckerberg’s “emotion technology”.

Patent documents contain illustrations showing a person holding a smartphone with a camera taking a picture from which “emotion characteristics” like smiling or frowning are detected.

There's a simple, cheap way to avoid being unknowingly captured by your smartphone camera; put a small piece of Scotch tape over it when you're online and only remove the aforementioned tape when using an app. like Face Time or whatever the heck it is.
    If all you are gonna do is give me grief about what I post DON'T READ IT Heh? Have a nice day :-D

Members who have read this thread: 36