:bawl:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Came home to the loss of one of our dogwoods down.
They are a beautiful tree.

Attachments

• Dogwood.jpg
    Dogwood.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 589

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I guess it is better than 2011.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 284
  • DSC00800.jpg
    DSC00800.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Sorry about your dogwood. They are beautiful. We have white and pink in our new yard. Yes, Irene was devastating. A 100 foot hickory out of the woods hit our house. That was a scary moment in time. Anyway, your dogwood might have been compromised then or it had other issues. I am not in Calvert, anymore. Was it really windy there today?

http://thedailysouth.southernliving.com/2013/10/03/whats-wrong-with-my-dogwood/

I know how you feel. I love the fullness of trees in the yard. We have two huge lilac bushes in the front that barely leaved or bloomed this year. Our new neighbors say back in the day, those lilacs were awesome and perfumed the whole neighborhood. Because of the neglect of the yard from the previous owners, and it was a flip, we don't know if we should try to save them or pull them out, They look dead when the rest of our yard is awesome. One neighbor, actually, the CIA guy, said he was tempted to steal them when the house was neglected for so long. :lol: So, we have a choice. Cut them back and live with dead looking bushes for another 2 years and try to nurse them back to health, or pull them out. I hope I don't get accused of hijacking a thread, but I thought I would mention the lilac bushes in case someone knows how we should try to save them. Sorry about your tree.

Last edited:
Sorry about your dogwood. They are beautiful. We have white and pink in our new yard. Yes, Irene was devastating. A 100 foot hickory out of the woods hit our house. That was a scary moment in time. Anyway, your dogwood might have been compromised then or it had other issues. I am not in Calvert, anymore. Was it really windy there today?

http://thedailysouth.southernliving.com/2013/10/03/whats-wrong-with-my-dogwood/

I know how you feel. I love the fullness of trees in the yard. We have two huge lilac bushes in the front that barely leaved or bloomed this year. Our new neighbors say back in the day, those lilacs were awesome and perfumed the whole neighborhood. Because of the neglect of the yard from the previous owners, and it was a flip, we don't know if we should try to save them or pull them out, They look dead when the rest of our yard is awesome. One neighbor, actually, the CIA guy, said he was tempted to steal them when the house was neglected for so long. :lol: So, we have a choice. Cut them back and live with dead looking bushes for another 2 years and try to nurse them back to health, or pull them out. I hope I don't get accused of hijacking a thread, but I thought I would mention the lilac bushes in case someone knows how we should try to save them. Sorry about your tree.
You moved out of Calvert?