Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Dive Shop

Quote Originally Posted by officeguy View Post
    None of that would seem local enough to support a dive shop.

A relative of mine dives for scallops in Maine. He doesn't even like to eat them, it just gives him a reason to own a dive-boat and a truck ;-)
    Most dive shops that are in the tri state area, have been in business for decades.
    Proud to be a cereal comma user.

It's amazing the amount of negative comments on any business opening up in SOMD......
    Unless you've done it yourself, you have no right to comment. A lot of blood , sweat and tears goes into opening up a business.

On this one....if you are a diver, support them. If not, STFU.....jmho
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas....

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    How is it that you don't see how crazy you sound when you do this?

Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...

And by the way. I liked that trashy old place. I had style. It had class. There was a story everywhere in that store. A place that didn't subscribe to today's pristine-ness of every other store, homogenized and pasteurized. It was a working man's store. (the man that owned it). And now, you've probably ruined it.
    If I may

You're a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkd View Post
    If I may

You're a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Dog View Post
    It's amazing the amount of negative comments on any business opening up in SOMD......
    Unless you've done it yourself, you have no right to comment. A lot of blood , sweat and tears goes into opening up a business.

On this one....if you are a diver, support them. If not, STFU.....jmho
    I think I have read that you are a small biz owner in SoMD. What biz are you in? Just curious. I hope you are doing well. It is not easy, anymore, because of Amazon, etal. But, I do try to support local biz no matter where I live.
    Like I said, JMO, yo! - Roman

If I may ...

If I may
    You're a dick.
    You would know ... sucker. See what I did there? Sucker? Get it?
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Dog View Post
    It's amazing the amount of negative comments on any business opening up in SOMD...... Unless you've done it yourself, you have no right to comment. A lot of blood , sweat and tears goes into opening up a business. On this one....if you are a diver, support them. If not, STFU.....jmho
    Yes, yes, yes, it's tough opening up a business. Well, not so tough riding the coattails of another established business in the same space. I was waxing nostalgic for the old place. The previous owner had some medical issues and I was just wondering what had happened to him. Yet, the OP is nowhere to be found nor forthcoming with that information.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

If I may ...

Yes, yes, yes, it's tough opening up a business. Well, not so tough riding the coattails of another established business in the same space. I was waxing nostalgic for the old place. The previous owner had some medical issues and I was just wondering what had happened to him. Yet, the OP is nowhere to be found nor forthcoming with that information.
    If I may...

No, you weren't waxing nostalgic. You were being insulting to someone. In short, being a dick.

If you are curious as to what happened to the owner, why not go on over to the new shop and ask the new owners how he is doing. Who knows, maybe they were friends with the old owner and he gave them his blessing to "ride the coat tails" of his business. You may find out they're good people and maybe the old seedy dive shop is still there, just under new ownership.

But, it's much easier to just sit behind a key board, and be a dick.
    Last edited by Inkd; 06-12-2017 at 06:42 PM.

If I may ...

No, you weren't waxing nostalgic. You were being insulting to someone. In short, being a dick. If you are curious as to what happened to the owner, why not go on over to the new shop and ask the new owners how he is doing. Who knows, maybe they were friends with the old owner and he gave them his blessing to "ride the coat tails" of his business. You may find out they're good people and maybe the old seedy dive shop is still there, just under new ownership. But, it's much easier to just sit behind a key board, and be a dick.
    Blah, blah, blah. Insulting? Far from it, well, in this case anyway. And obviously, "the old seedy dive shop" isn't there anymore because the OP did say, "Basically a brand new shop instead of the trashed old place". It was them, that insulted first, right there in that very first post. They insulted the previous owner, who, even when dealing with life threatening medical issues, managed to run a descent business. And you did as well by calling it "seedy". You say I'm a dick, Well you are an as*hole. And be very happy that I'm not gay. Well, because, you know. Wait, never mind, I've always wanted to try anal, get over here big boy.

If I may ...

Blah, blah, blah. Insulting? Far from it, well, in this case anyway. And obviously, "the old seedy dive shop" isn't there anymore because the OP did say, "Basically a brand new shop instead of the trashed old place". It was them, that insulted first, right there in that very first post. They insulted the previous owner, who, even when dealing with life threatening medical issues, managed to run a descent business. And you did as well by calling it "seedy". You say I'm a dick, Well you are an as*hole. And be very happy that I'm not gay. Well, because, you know. Wait, never mind, I've always wanted to try anal, get over here big boy.
    If I may...

My bad, I thought you had referred to it as seedy in the post where you said you liked the trashy old place and the new owner probably ruined it. Hardly insulting.

Yes, I am an as$hole, when it's warranted.

Members who have read this thread: 67