Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Comey Unmasked

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    Are you even putting the dots together?

Comey drafts a memo. He admits he wrote this memo, and he admits leaking it to his friend with the intent of leaking it to the media. Low and behold the information that is in this memo shows in the NYT. You just admitted it showed up in the NYT a day before Trump's tweet, discrediting Comey's claim that he leaked it after Trump's tweet. And Comey even testified that he gave a copy of the memo to his friend.
    do you think comey remained silent about his meetings with trump after he was fired or do you think he told friends and associates about his side of things?
    Do you think the people at the FBI read comey's memos after he was fired?
    In either case the info would be out there prior to the 11th.

Also, Comey admitted to telling one person, a friend at Columbia. The NYT article attributes the info in the article from the 11th to two unnamed sources.
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    do you think comey remained silent about his meetings with trump after he was fired or do you think he told friends and associates about his side of things?
    I think he's been in Washington long enough to keep a lot of it to himself - or to trust very few people.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    I think he's been in Washington long enough to keep a lot of it to himself - or to trust very few people.
    After this it would make sense that a lot of people have learned not to trust him.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    Do you think the people at the FBI read comey's memos after he was fired?
    In either case the info would be out there prior to the 11th.

Also, Comey admitted to telling one person, a friend at Columbia. The NYT article attributes the info in the article from the 11th to two unnamed sources.
    You're asking about a bunch of hypotheticals. We only know what Comey has testified to. We know he wrote a memo about his meeting with Trump. We know he held on to this memo until Trump mentioned their conversation could have been recorded. Comey decided to CYA and LEAK the memo. Bottom line is the timeline doesn't match what Comey stated under oath. He released that memo before Trump made his tweet. I doubt this will raise any legal eyebrows; but what is raising legal eyebrows is the fact that he is the source of the NYT leak. He may be in legal hot water over this.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Here is Comey's answer about the leak:

COMEY: I asked — the president tweeted on Friday after I got fired that I better hope there's not tapes. I woke up in the middle of the night on Monday night because it didn't dawn on me originally, that there might be corroboration for our conversation. There might a tape. My judgment was, I need to get that out into the public square. I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter. Didn't do it myself for a variety of reasons. I asked him to because I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel. I asked a close friend to do it.

What I question is the that if there are tapes and there is corroboration why do you need to leak anything? I can not figure out why Trump tweeting about the tapes would cause him to think he needed to leak the memo unless he wanted to get a narrative in the public before the truth came out or just plain get Trump back. I really believe that he has written many memos during his tenure but it is convenient to say meetings with Trump were the only times he did so that the others don't get called into question. Comey is shady to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scootboot View Post
    ...... get a narrative in the public before the truth came out or just plain get Trump back.

it has been written is several publications - Comeny wanted to FORCE a IC Investigation
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

You're asking about a bunch of hypotheticals. We only know what Comey has testified to. We know he wrote a memo about his meeting with Trump. We know he held on to this memo until Trump mentioned their conversation could have been recorded. Comey decided to CYA and LEAK the memo. Bottom line is the timeline doesn't match what Comey stated under oath. He released that memo before Trump made his tweet. I doubt this will raise any legal eyebrows; but what is raising legal eyebrows is the fact that he is the source of the NYT leak. He may be in legal hot water over this.
    Except that that isn't what he testified to and the NYT article attributes their first story to two sources AND their story from the 11th doesn't mention any memos.
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

Quote Originally Posted by awpitt View Post
    Actually, Trump tweeted about the tapes on May 12th. The memos were revealed by the NYT on May 16th.
    It was reported on 16 May. I'm trying to find it, but I saw that Comey leaked it to his friend (Daniel Richman) on 11 May.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Bottom line is the timeline doesn't match what Comey stated under oath. He released that memo before Trump made his tweet. I doubt this will raise any legal eyebrows; but what is raising legal eyebrows is the fact that he is the source of the NYT leak. He may be in legal hot water over this.
    Incorrect.....

Actually, Trump tweeted about the tapes on May 12th. Comey gave the content to his friend the following Monday. The memos were revealed by the NYT after that. So, I don't know where you're coming up with this idea that Comey released the content of the memos prior to Trump's "recordings" tweet.

It was reported on 16 May. I'm trying to find it, but I saw that Comey leaked it to his friend (Daniel Richman) on 11 May.
    No. He gave his friend the content of the memos after the Trump "recordings" tweet. The following Monday, which would've been May 15th.

Members who have read this thread: 1