Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Comey Unmasked

Comey Unmasked

After he was fired, in an act of venomous revenge -- not atypical of the Swamp – Comey had a friend, a Columbia Law School professor, leak his version of a conversation with the president. In this version, Trump was trying to hide the collusion by cutting off an investigation.

Why did he not simply release the memo to the press in a less cowardly fashion? Because he clearly hoped it would not be traced to him, and the motive thus made clear. Moreover, he confessed that he wanted to force the appointment of a special counsel. This follows to a striking degree the path in the Plame case -- where the attorney general, John Ashcroft, recused himself, and Comey was made acting attorney general, whereupon he appointed his friend Patrick Fitzgerald. I trust that many readers already are familiar with the manner in which Fitzpatrick’s investigation into a leak by Cheney-hater Richard Armitage, which tied up the administration and resulted in a confected process crime against a Cheney aide, Lewis Libby. In case you want to refresh your recollection of those events, here is the article I wrote about it eleven years ago.

[clip]

Judicial Watch’s Tom Fitton argues that the Comey leak to the New York Times through his cut out invalidates the Special Counsel appointment,

Newt Gingrich argues much the same:

Comey Invalidates Special Counsel

The most startling revelation from fired FBI Director James Comey’s testimony this week was his barefaced admission that he intentionally leaked details of his private conversations with the President to the press in an effort to prompt the appointment a special counsel.

When asked Thursday by Senator Susan Collins of Maine whether he shared the memos he wrote about his conversations with President Trump with anyone outside the Department of Justice, Comey answered:

“I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter – didn’t do it myself for a variety of reasons – but I asked him to, because I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel.”

Comey Unmasked
    Last edited by GURPS; 06-12-2017 at 10:51 AM.
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    After he was fired, in an act of venomous revenge -- not atypical of the Swamp – Comey had a friend, a Columbia Law School professor, leak his version of a conversation with the president. In this version, Trump was trying to hide the collusion by cutting off an investigation.

Why did he not simply release the memo to the press in a less cowardly fashion? Because he clearly hoped it would not be traced to him, and the motive thus made clear. Moreover, he confessed that he wanted to force the appointment of a special counsel. This follows to a striking degree the path in the Plame case -- where the attorney general, John Ashcroft, recused himself, and Comey was made acting attorney general, whereupon he appointed his friend Patrick Fitzgerald. I trust that many readers already are familiar with the manner in which Fitzpatrick’s investigation into a leak by Cheney-hater Richard Armitage, which tied up the administration and resulted in a confected process crime against a Cheney aide, Lewis Libby. In case you want to refresh your recollection of those events, here is the article I wrote about it eleven years ago.

[clip]

Judicial Watch’s Tom Fitton argues that the Comey leak to the New York Times through his cut out invalidates the Special Counsel appointment,

Newt Gingrich argues much the same:

Comey Invalidates Special Counsel

The most startling revelation from fired FBI Director James Comey’s testimony this week was his barefaced admission that he intentionally leaked details of his private conversations with the President to the press in an effort to prompt the appointment a special counsel.

When asked Thursday by Senator Susan Collins of Maine whether he shared the memos he wrote about his conversations with President Trump with anyone outside the Department of Justice, Comey answered:

“I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter – didn’t do it myself for a variety of reasons – but I asked him to, because I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel.”

Comey Unmasked
    It seems every day a new disclosure of Comey's sneaky dealings comes to light.

Comey didn't "leak" anything. They were his memos. He wrote them. His content. He could do whatever he wanted to do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by awpitt View Post
    Comey didn't "leak" anything. They were his memos. He wrote them. His content. He could do whatever he wanted to do with them.
    Here we go... education time.

It was an official document he wrote in the capacity of doing his job. All documents and effects that occur in specific relation to a government worker's job becomes the property of the government. This was no personal "we played golf and Trump won" memo. This was specifically written to document an official meeting between Comey and Trump.

He is not authorized to LEAK this information outside of the any government agency without getting permission. THIS MEMO DID NOT BELONG TO COMEY.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

You know what I found interesting about Comey's testimony on this memo stuff... He claimed he started documenting his meetings with Trump because he was worried about lies. He didn't Trust Trump. Comey admitted that Loretta Lynch FORCED him to change the wording of the Clinton investigation from calling it an investigation to calling it a "matter". Comey even questioned this; and yielded to Lynch's demands. This should have given Comey every reason in the world to not trust Lynch because she told him to tell a lie, making her a liar. Yet, Trump requested Comey consider dropping the Flynn case, and Comey was worried about Trump lying.

Then Comey does the ultimate lie and leaks this memo - ILLEGALLY! Yet he was worried that Trump would lie, feeling the need to document their meetings. Comey has to be one of the most deceptive people I've ever seen. He truly rivals Obama.

They weren't "his". They were made on an FBI computer (in the transcript - look it up) therefore, those so-called notes (IF, he in fact, did make notes) belong to the government - actually- the US Taxpayers.

What is it with these Trump haters that they cannot see what is plain to other people.

Comey had the Memo's but he didn't show them to the media, he got a fiend ( I mean friend)to do it, because he wanted another friend to be appointed Special Counsel.
    That is the definition of a leak. To try to screw someone without getting caught doing it.
    And then to admit it is the height of stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bann View Post
    They weren't "his". They were made on an FBI computer (in the transcript - look it up) therefore, those so-called notes (IF, he in fact, did make notes) belong to the government - actually- the US Taxpayers.
    It doesn't really matter how he did it. It proves he is a biased and corrupt SOB with no business leading the FBI.

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post

It doesn't really matter how he did it. It proves he is a biased and corrupt SOB with no business leading the FBI.
    Of course. To us.

I doubt there are any memos. Word on the interwebz streets is he deleted them. Oh, right. Sure.

I'll bet he never made notes. He's lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bann View Post
    Of course. To us.

I doubt there are any memos. Word on the interwebz streets is he deleted them. Oh, right. Sure.

I'll bet he never made notes. He's lying.
    Not sure how Comey uses that as a defense. He testified under oath that he wrote the memo, then gave it to someone with the intent of leaking it to the press. Deleting it only makes things worse for him. That's tampering with evidence, and destroying official government documents without permission.

Members who have read this thread: 1