Food critic says ‘you shouldn’t eat Chick-fil-A’ for political reasons — and it instantly backfires

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Food critic says ‘you shouldn’t eat Chick-fil-A’ for political reasons — and it instantly backfires

The review, posted Friday, bashed Chick-fil-A for its stance on same-sex marriage and lack of progressive values. Chick-fil-A is known for being a Christian-rooted business, who even observes a Sabbath by closing all restaurants on Sundays.

But for Sutton, regardless of the restaurant’s food, which prompts extremely long lines each and every day, the company’s Christian values and its stance on same-sex marriage is enough to shun the restaurant.

In his review, before he even addresses the menu items, Sutton rakes the resturant over the coals for advocating for Biblically defined marriage.
[clip]
Sutton explained the point of his review was to report Chick-fil-A’s “pretty average chicken sandwich.” But that wasn’t all he said he intended to report.

“I’m also here to report that it’s the only top 10 quick-service restaurant that doesn’t mention sexual orientation in its online equal opportunity statement, and that it holds a zero rating on LGBT benefits and worker protections from a prominent advocacy group. McDonald’s scored 100,” he wrote. “When I asked Chick-fil-A about this, a rep responded with a general statement reaffirming its commitment to equal opportunity and said that it’s up to local franchisees to determine benefits.”

Typical Progressive, can't just do his JOB, he has to lecture as well ...
Progressives just HAVE to give you their OPINION wither you ask for it or not ...

Sapidus

Typical Progressive, can't just do his JOB, he has to lecture as well ...
Progressives just HAVE to give you their OPINION wither you ask for it or not ...

Isn't that the whole point of a food critic to give his opinion?

Ive read many reviews where the talk about the decor, noise level, chef, not just the food.

Get a grip

PeoplesElbow

Ive read many reviews where the talk about the decor, noise level, chef, not just the food.

Get a grip

That all is relevant to the dining experience. If you walked into a Chick-fil-a for the first time you would have no indication of their politics, they do not try to shove them in your face, they simply are not open on Sunday.

A mall opened in my home town in the 80s and one of the first eateries in it was a Chick-fil-a and nobody knew they were closed on Sundays because back then the mall was closed on Sunday due to blue laws. Not many people had heard of Chick-fil-a at that point in time.

I would have no problem eating at a place owned by flaming liberals as long as they didn't try to involve politics in my dining experience, but then again I am an adult and not a whiny tantrum throwing 5 year old like most of the anti-Chick-fil-a people.

Hijinx

Get a grip

Obviously enough people like the sandwich that the fact that Chick Fil A is a Christian organization doesn't bother them.
It appears to bother this particular rump ranger so he should apply his option and stay away.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The progs can't help themselves. They have been programmed to be ALL about leftist politics ALL the time. There is no subject they can't turn into a progbot bashfest. I see it all over the internet in pretty much every subject - they MUST use every opportunity, regardless of how unrelated the topic, to promote their political agenda.

In the RV FB group I follow, admin has to play whack-a-mole because they come on and use everything as a lead-in to bitch about Donald Trump and the Republicans.

glhs837

Power with Control

Get a grip

His job is to give his opinion of the food, not the company policies, unless they have an effect on the food. Unless the mistreated gays of CFLA are producing substandard nuggets because they are not mentioned in the employee handbook, no need to mention it. Were there sobbing trans employees in the corner bringing down the mood? Go ahead an mention that. I would like to review his other reviews, see how many of those he looked up the online EEO statements of? And mentioned in the article? Heck, what other FF places has he reviewed? Did he dive into their EEO policies?

Hijinx

No, you get a grip, tool. He's a FOOD critic, not a political analyst.

They need to come up with some way to deprogram you people. You're a scary cult.

More boring than scary. Same old same old. Pissing and moaning, they are treated so badly wa wa wa.
Sick of listening to their BS.

Hijinx

Maybe a little off subject, but if I were King. the sandwich which comes out to be sold should look a lot more like the picture of the ones they sell.

The picture has meat hanging over the edge , not hiding in the bread.

Restitution

I don't go to Chick-fil-a for the political policies, opinions, or religious beliefs. I go there because they have good food, courteous employees, great management, a good work ethic, and fast service.

Sapidus

I bet if the restaurant hired illegal immigrants or donated to immigrant legal funds you would sure as heck want to know about

Midnightrider

No, you get a grip, tool. He's a FOOD critic, not a political analyst.

They need to come up with some way to deprogram you people. You're a scary cult.

what kind of food critic reviews a fast food place? Seriously, that's a pretty low brow assignement

glhs837

Power with Control
I bet if the restaurant hired illegal immigrants or donated to immigrant legal funds you would sure as heck want to know about

Hiring illegals? Yep, sure would want to know if they are breaking the law. Donating to illegal immigrant legal funds, meh, not so much. What they do with their money, I don't care.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member

I bought an insurance policy for my boat from Progressive Insurance, knowing about their political stance. Didn't care, best policy.
Only stupid people put politics in the their personal purchases and bitch about it.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member

I bought an insurance policy for my boat from Progressive Insurance, knowing about their political stance. Didn't care, best policy.
Only stupid people put politics in the their personal purchases and bitch about it.

Sapidus

I agree unfortunately there are insane people out there who are trying to boycott Mcdonald's right now because the changed their box to a rainbow for Pride month. Or 1 million moms who are against target or starbucks because they are pro diversity and inclusive.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I agree unfortunately there are insane people out there who are trying to boycott Mcdonald's right now because the changed their box to a rainbow for Pride month. Or 1 million moms who are against target or starbucks because they are pro diversity and inclusive.

No you don't......I've read your stupid ass posts on here.