Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: I need to get this off my chest

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    What does that even mean, "pass for white" and "not acknowledge being black"? How would one "acknowledge" their blackness, in your opinion?

What do you believe to be the differences between "whites" and "blacks", skin color aside?
    He be talkin' bout dem Uncle Tom's.
    Blacks who have had the temerity to succeed.
    Those who made it out of the ghetto through their own efforts.

Part of the reason others fail is because they do not like those who have succeeded.

Quote Originally Posted by awpitt View Post
    When were any of our cities ever thriving and vibrant? If you look at the history of cities, you'll find that the problem is far more then "blacks", Democrats, Republicans, or etc.
    DJ already listed some that were once VERY vibrant and economically healthy...
    Baltimore, Detroit, NYC, Chicago...once thriving vibrant cities
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by steppinthrax View Post
    What angers me much are blacks who pass for white, who don't acknowledge their nationality or don't want to be part of their culture. These are the type who would prefer to mark "White" on a census form!
    Acknowledge their nationality? So did these folks just get off the ship form some part of the African continent? Are they Americans or Africans? Why would someone want to be a part of a culture so far removed? A culture that is really nowhere to be found here in the United States. Unlike the Italians, Irish, Germans etc. Of course they could just make sh*t up, just like kwanzaa. But even then, I don't think black people even know what the, in country, African cultural heritage, and traditional values, are. If there are any at all. And if they did, I'm sure it would clash with today's views on things.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

1: Paterson also has a large Latino and Arab population - predominantly first-generation immigrants, judging by the way none of them seemed to speak English. So you're right, it's not just the black people. And straight up, the white people didn't look none too respectable, either.

2: Calling something what it is isn't "racist" or "bigoted". If fundy Muslims from certain countries are the ones blowing stuff up, it makes sense to restrict them coming into the US. If blacks in the ghetto are the ones rioting and busting stuff up, it makes sense to put a boot up their ass. Social culture is the real culprit - race is secondary to that and somewhat incidental, but what we tend to focus on.

3: "What angers me much are blacks who pass for white, who don't acknowledge their nationality or don't want to be part of their culture. " Their nationality is American, and their culture can be anything they want it to be. I know way too many black people who are solid citizens, educated, family oriented, and responsible to think that ghetto gang banging, drugs, and unemployment is all-inclusive "black culture". To insist that black people must behave a certain way and speak a certain way is about the most racist thing I can think of.

4: What mostly piqued my interest is that he felt completely comfortable, as a docent at an historical center and tourist attraction, chastising the white visitors and telling them how much they suck. Imagine a white docent telling black visitors that they suck and everything bad in the world is their fault and referencing "their" black president. Racism is racism. Doesn't matter what color the racist is. Racism on some public forum where people are spewing is one thing; I didn't expect to find it from the museum guide.
    2. Ahhh, but Trump is not having much success with this, so far several courts have ruled against him. It's in his best interest to get this through since it was a campaign promise. But the legal rationale is that it's unconstitutional since it violates the "Equal protection Clause" of the 14th amendment. It's discriminatory since you are deciding to broadly (with the stroke a pen) deny entry to largely islamic countries based on the actions of a few Muslims. In his early campaign he's mentioned Muslims in both a sense of Muslim database and bann. In any traditional sense it's considered discrimination. The courts tied the two together!

3. You took my last sentence to concentrate on. Black culture is not "gang banging, drugs etc, unemployment etc..." It is not the behavior I take issue in, it is those who don't like to be considered African American but clearly are. Mainly due to those that have negative concepts about them (as you indicated).

4. We will need more information as to the name of the Museum, what events were going on that day, who was the docent. My suspicion is they had some guest speaker. Also exactly, word from word what was said. What was the reactions of others who were in the audience, etc... Again if the ideology was reversed there would be a double standard.

3. Black culture is not "gang banging, drugs etc, unemployment etc..."

4. We will need more information as to the name of the Museum, what events were going on that day, who was the docent. My suspicion is they had some guest speaker. Also exactly, word from word what was said. What was the reactions of others who were in the audience, etc... Again if the ideology was reversed there would be a double standard.
    3. I take it you don't listen to rap or read news about what is going on in Baltimore, Chicago, etc......head in sand much

4. Why? I believe her reporting to be accurate. Do you believe she made this chit up?
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas....

How is it that you don't see how crazy you sound when you do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bird Dog View Post
    3. I take it you don't listen to rap or read news about what is going on in Baltimore, Chicago, etc......head in sand much

4. Why? I believe her reporting to be accurate. Do you believe she made this chit up?

3. I lived in Baltimore for 10 years. Worked in Baltimore city for 4 years. Yep, I'm aware of the issues with Baltimore. However, as I also posted that the city she referred to is not remarkably African American, whereas it may also be a rundown city.

4. Knowing some of the personalities of people that post here, I would imagine she heard some negative stuff about Trump or racial issues and her mind ran away. But, going back my questions are very valid. I'm pretty curious who the speaker is, was there some special event. There is just too little information. I'm also aware people here are more inclined to accept stories from people if it supports their beliefs, but question stories that do not.
    Last edited by steppinthrax; 06-13-2017 at 02:40 PM.

2. Ahhh, but Trump is not having much success with this, so far several courts have ruled against him. It's in his best interest to get this through since it was a campaign promise. But the legal rationale is that it's unconstitutional since it violates the "Equal protection Clause" of the 14th amendment. It's discriminatory since you are deciding to broadly (with the stroke a pen) deny entry to largely islamic countries based on the actions of a few Muslims. In his early campaign he's mentioned Muslims in both a sense of Muslim database and bann. In any traditional sense it's considered discrimination. The courts tied the two together!
    I still don't see this as a litmus test for Islam, because any non-Muslim from those nations would undergo the same scrutiny.
    And it's completely fair to discriminate based on nation of origin.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    I still don't see this as a litmus test for Islam, because any non-Muslim from those nations would undergo the same scrutiny.
    And it's completely fair to discriminate based on nation of origin.
    3 courts did. (maybe 4, but I lost count).

Can you explain to me your legal concept of why not. Considering it goes against the concept of all the judges who decided against Trump in all of those cases?

So, your dismissal of "rap " as part of black culture is telling and you believe Vrai is full of chit......I get it...
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas....

How is it that you don't see how crazy you sound when you do this?

So, your dismissal of "rap " as part of black culture is telling and you believe Vrai is full of chit......I get it...
    Describe to me where I said "Rap is not part of Black Culture"????

Or did you just inject that in somewhere.

Members who have read this thread: 114