Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: I need to get this off my chest

Quote Originally Posted by steppinthrax View Post
    3 courts did. (maybe 4, but I lost count).

Can you explain to me your legal concept of why not. Considering it goes against the concept of all the judges who decided against Trump in all of those cases?

because liberal judges applied extra constitutional standards .... Ironically a NON Liberal Judge in VA found in favor of Trumps Travel ban

Trenga wrote that the president “has unqualified authority to bar physical entry to the United States at the border.” He also pointed out that the executive order itself does not mention religion and has a “state secular purpose” of protecting U.S. citizens from terrorist attacks.

The decision comes after federal judges in Hawaii and Maryland both blocked key components of the executive order.

Trenga said that even though Trump used the phrase “Muslim ban” as rhetoric on the campaign trail, it shouldn’t be held against the president with regard to the executive order, as the judge in Hawaii previously suggested.

“[T]he Supreme Court has held that ‘past actions [do not] forever taint any effort on [the government’s] part to deal with the subject matter,’ ” Trenga wrote.

According to the Daily Caller, a Department of Justice spokesperson issued a statement on the ruling: “The Department of Justice is pleased with the ruling. As the Court correctly explains, the President’s Executive Order falls well within his authority to safeguard the nation’s security.”

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/03...mp-travel-ban/

LA Times : Virginia federal judge rules in favor of Trump's travel ban

WaPO: Virginia judge sides with Trump administration on new travel ban

Poltico: Trump travel ban upheld by Virginia judge, still blocked in other courts
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Describe to me where I said "Rap is not part of Black Culture"????

Or did you just inject that in somewhere.
    " Black culture is not "gang banging, drugs etc, unemployment etc..." your quote.
    ...Rap is all about that......
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas....

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    How is it that you don't see how crazy you sound when you do this?

3 courts did. (maybe 4, but I lost count).
    One of them of course being the Ninth Circuit, which has a horrendous record of having their decisions overturned by SCOTUS.
    (Actually, I think TWO of your four are the Ninth Circuit).

And the ruling has been - well - dumb. Apparently he has to PROVE that the persons coming from these nations pose a sufficient danger before
    he can suspend - temporarily - entry to this country, even if the State Department has already made that observation.

We've done this MANY times in the past - halted persons coming into this country from a certain nation.
    This is a temporary ban and it in no way says MUSLIM on it - because it would apply to anyone from those countries, Muslim or not.
    And it is only because we lack sufficient data or lack a relationship with those nations whereupon we can make a determination.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Blog Entries
    What angers me much are blacks who pass for white, who don't acknowledge their nationality or don't want to be part of their culture. These are the type who would prefer to mark "White" on a census form!
    Obama did this sort of thing in reverse. His father abandoned the family even before Barry knew him. He was raised by his mom's parents who were grampa & gramma whitey mc whitepeople. But he grows up and somehow self identifies as black. I would say that how he was raised had almost nothing to do with blacks & their culture. But good on him for using part of his race to get himself elected.
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    What bad thing did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    because liberal judges applied extra constitutional standards..
    Such as?
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    What an a-hole liberal POS that guy has turned out to be.
    He has been mentally ill and chemically dependent for most of his career. There was also something about he wasn't paying his child support, even though he was a brazillionaire
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    But he grows up and somehow self identifies as black.....
    ...when it very conveniently served his purposes.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Blog Entries
    2. Ahhh, but Trump is not having much success with this, so far several courts have ruled against him. It's in his best interest to get this through since it was a campaign promise. But the legal rationale is that it's unconstitutional since it violates the "Equal protection Clause" of the 14th amendment. It's discriminatory since you are deciding to broadly (with the stroke a pen) deny entry to largely islamic countries based on the actions of a few Muslims. In his early campaign he's mentioned Muslims in both a sense of Muslim database and bann. In any traditional sense it's considered discrimination. The courts tied the two together!

3. You took my last sentence to concentrate on. Black culture is not "gang banging, drugs etc, unemployment etc..." It is not the behavior I take issue in, it is those who don't like to be considered African American but clearly are. Mainly due to those that have negative concepts about them (as you indicated).

4. We will need more information as to the name of the Museum, what events were going on that day, who was the docent. My suspicion is they had some guest speaker. Also exactly, word from word what was said. What was the reactions of others who were in the audience, etc... Again if the ideology was reversed there would be a double standard.
    2. The courts that ruled against him will be overturned if Trump takes it that far. There's nothing in our Constitution that says we have to let anyone at all in, and we can restrict immigration from certain countries as we see fit. Other countries' citizens are not protected by our Constitution - only American citizens are.

3. Not all black people are African. Haitians are not African, and neither are Jamaicans. The proper racial designation is "Negro", which I think sounds majestic, but somehow that became a derogatory word - I asked a group of predominantly black people one time why they don't like the term "Negro" and they went ballistic. I sincerely meant no harm and was simply asking for information purposes, but they acted like I called them a racial slur, which in their mind it is. I never got an answer, just got yelled at.

4. The museum was the Paterson Museum and this wasn't a group tour. They don't get enough visitors for that, so you just go in and look at the exhibits, and the docent is there to answer questions (or berate you for being white). I didn't get his name, nor do I know whether or not he does this to all the visitors. He started off by telling us about Larry Doby, because that's the first exhibit that you see. Then he was telling us about the Negro Leagues, which was very interesting, and the racism that they encountered. Then the racism that Jackie Robinson and Larry Doby encountered because (I'll paraphrase), "The white players were outgunned and knew that if blacks played they'd dominate" (which is probably true). Then he went off the rails and started saying how Donald Trump only got elected because of white racism and everyone knows what he means by "making America great again" and that's to bring back slavery and subjugation of blacks, and that he's getting his comeuppance now and will be impeached soon, and all white people are racists, even if they don't think they are. White people just won't say what they really think in front of him, but he knows that behind his back they're being racists and looking down on him. I mentioned that we didn't have that in Lincoln when I was growing up, and that's when he launched into how black men who come from somewhere like Lincoln, NE aren't even black and real black men don't recognize them as black because they act white, and the real black men can't even hardly understand them when they talk.

I might be leaving something out. But that's about the time his phone rang and he said, "Hang tight, I'll be right back..." and we took that opportunity to see the rest of the museum and avoid him.

Don't tell me to report him because I have no intention of costing that man his job. It's not like people are flocking to the Paterson Museum anyway, or his attitude will cause people to stay away. It's free to visit and paid for by the Great Falls Historical Society.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    4. Knowing some of the personalities of people that post here, I would imagine she heard some negative stuff about Trump or racial issues and her mind ran away. But, going back my questions are very valid. I'm pretty curious who the speaker is, was there some special event. There is just too little information. I'm also aware people here are more inclined to accept stories from people if it supports their beliefs, but question stories that do not.
    PS, I am not insulted by you asking for details. When confronted with something that sounds outrageous, I too question it and want to know if there's maybe more to the story.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    Oh. I thought you were going to rant about the beach topless thing...

But your observations are spot on.
    That's what I thought - Free the Tatas!
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." John Adams

Members who have read this thread: 73