Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I need to get this off my chest

Blog Entries

I need to get this off my chest

Today Monello and I took a ride to Paterson, NJ, which is a war zone hell hole but has a cute little falls area that we wanted to see. We stopped into the historic center/museum, where we were promptly treated to a racial/political lecture...by the African American docent.

The US is the most racist country in the world; Donald Trump is a racist and we all know what he means by "making America great again" (bringing back slavery); white people suck; blah blah blah.

There were a number of responses I could have made, but I really had no interest in engaging him or standing there talking to him any longer. Dude, all we want to do is see the history of Paterson, not listen to your list of racial grievances.

A couple of things:

It's a disgrace the way Democrats and black people have ruined their cities. Baltimore, Detroit, NYC, Chicago...once thriving vibrant cities are now war zone #### holes with crime, drugs, and poverty. I know they try to blame that on the white devil, but they did that chit themselves. Nobody else did that to them, THEY did it. They not only have no pride, but they revel in their degradation and filth. They should be ashamed of what they've turned their communities into.

Our docent/racial scold also informed us that when a black man from a decent area that's not a ghetto #### hole comes around, they don't even recognize him as a black man. He said this with some scorn, like, "Oh, they all going white now, not a *real* black man." Because, you know, they speak nicely and have an education and have a job and dress well and raise their children - means they're not "black" anymore.

Which pretty much explains how they allowed their communities to become ghetto #### holes - they see bettering themselves as something to be sneered at. They all keepin' it real.

And that's fine - people can live how they want. UNTIL they stick their fat hand out and want me to pay for it. Until they want to blame me and say ignorant things like "white privilege". Until they want to bitch and moan about the problems they've created, and demand that someone come fix it...so they can screw it back up again.

Paterson is a beautiful area with a lot of history and interesting things to do and see...or it would be if it weren't for the locals turning it into Beirut. It's *screaming* to be renovated and rehabbed and turned into a place where people would want to visit and drop some disposable income. But they're going to have to drop a roach bomb and get rid of the yo's first.

Other than that, we had a lovely day. The working class parts of East Jersey are retro cool and interesting. The stand around all day in front of the liquor store parts, not so much.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Oh. I thought you were going to rant about the beach topless thing...

But your observations are spot on.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Wow. Thanks for posting about your experience. We/Us already know it is a precarious World, but to see the undermining and politics of it all in a place most have never heard of is frightening. It is going on all around US, but we can't know, or keep up with the crap of it all. That is a yuuuggge yikes! God bless, America.
    Like I said, JMO, yo! - Roman

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Today Monello and I took a ride to Paterson, NJ, which is a war zone hell hole but has a cute little falls area that we wanted to see. We stopped into the historic center/museum, where we were promptly treated to a racial/political lecture...by the African American docent.

The US is the most racist country in the world; Donald Trump is a racist and we all know what he means by "making America great again" (bringing back slavery); white people suck; blah blah blah.

There were a number of responses I could have made, but I really had no interest in engaging him or standing there talking to him any longer. Dude, all we want to do is see the history of Paterson, not listen to your list of racial grievances.

A couple of things:

It's a disgrace the way Democrats and black people have ruined their cities. Baltimore, Detroit, NYC, Chicago...once thriving vibrant cities are now war zone #### holes with crime, drugs, and poverty. I know they try to blame that on the white devil, but they did that chit themselves. Nobody else did that to them, THEY did it. They not only have no pride, but they revel in their degradation and filth. They should be ashamed of what they've turned their communities into.

Our docent/racial scold also informed us that when a black man from a decent area that's not a ghetto #### hole comes around, they don't even recognize him as a black man. He said this with some scorn, like, "Oh, they all going white now, not a *real* black man." Because, you know, they speak nicely and have an education and have a job and dress well and raise their children - means they're not "black" anymore.

Which pretty much explains how they allowed their communities to become ghetto #### holes - they see bettering themselves as something to be sneered at. They all keepin' it real.

And that's fine - people can live how they want. UNTIL they stick their fat hand out and want me to pay for it. Until they want to blame me and say ignorant things like "white privilege". Until they want to bitch and moan about the problems they've created, and demand that someone come fix it...so they can screw it back up again.

Paterson is a beautiful area with a lot of history and interesting things to do and see...or it would be if it weren't for the locals turning it into Beirut. It's *screaming* to be renovated and rehabbed and turned into a place where people would want to visit and drop some disposable income. But they're going to have to drop a roach bomb and get rid of the yo's first.

Other than that, we had a lovely day. The working class parts of East Jersey are retro cool and interesting. The stand around all day in front of the liquor store parts, not so much.
    That happened to us on a small scale in one of those small obscure type of museums we went to - I'm trying to remember which place it was now. I have a hard time not rolling my eyes at that type of docent. Then, when there are other small groups milling about and they are running off at the mouth like that, I just move along a little faster -or hang out longer so they will pass us by. No desire to engage with idiots.

so only 'REAL' Blacks live in the Ghetto

Gotcha
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

Baltimore, Detroit, NYC, Chicago...once thriving vibrant cities are now war zone #### holes with crime, drugs, and poverty.
    When were any of our cities ever thriving and vibrant? If you look at the history of cities, you'll find that the problem is far more then "blacks", Democrats, Republicans, or etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    so only 'REAL' Blacks live in the Ghetto

Gotcha
    Yo... Dem U'vers be act'n all wite and ####!

Quote Originally Posted by awpitt View Post
    When were any of our cities ever thriving and vibrant? If you look at the history of cities, you'll find that the problem is far more then "blacks", Democrats, Republicans, or etc.
    Please! Do tell.

Please name all the reasons why is Baltimore a #### hole, other than it being a ghetto filled with criminally inclined garbage?

Quote Originally Posted by awpitt View Post
    When they were like the cities that are gentrifying. Being repopulated by people of all races. Fixing up the buildings and homes turning our cities into thriving vibrant places to live and work. Entrepreneurs creating jobs.

...and of course we know who's bitching about all this.
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas....

How is it that you don't see how crazy you sound when you do this?

Can anyone identify a large city - that clearly - *succeeds*?
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Members who have read this thread: 114