Ivanka Pushing Vocational Training

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
JOBS: Ivanka Pushing Vocational Training, Apprenticeships As Alternative To College

As reported by CBS News, Ivanka will be leading the charge for a new White House workforce development program which focuses on vocational job training and apprenticeships as an alternative to the almost-default setting of a four-year college degree route. The new initiative "will seek to re-organize current workforce development programs and make existing spending more efficient, rather than make a large increase to federal funding for these programs. ... The administration will also announce steps to make it easier for businesses and trade groups to create and scale new apprenticeship programs."

The government currently spends over $16 billion annually on 43 different job training programs; the White House is hoping to turn these "ineffective and unaccountable" programs into effective ones, resulting in skilled workers with new careers.

"The reality is that there are still Americans seeking employment despite low unemployment rates, and companies are struggling to fill vacancies for positions that require varied levels of skills and training," Ivanka told reporters during a briefing. "So the Trump administration is committed to working very closely to close the skills gap."

does the country really need 43 different jobs programs ........
I'd bet a Grant there is plenty of overlap that could be eliminated

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Wouldn't it be the shiats if the Republicans get enough unemployed and minority voters good jobs that they all abandon the Democrats even more than 2016 when Trump comes up for re-election?

limblips

The left is going to lose their collective mind over this. Vocational schools seldom produce good blm activists, community organizers, antifa protestors, or college professors.

Chris0nllyn

It'd be nice if she was pushing to get govt. out of workforce training, but we're not talking about a limited govt. administration.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
JOBS: Ivanka Pushing Vocational Training, Apprenticeships As Alternative To College

As reported by CBS News, Ivanka will be leading the charge for a new White House workforce development program which focuses on vocational job training and apprenticeships as an alternative to the almost-default setting of a four-year college degree route. The new initiative "will seek to re-organize current workforce development programs and make existing spending more efficient, rather than make a large increase to federal funding for these programs. ... The administration will also announce steps to make it easier for businesses and trade groups to create and scale new apprenticeship programs."

The government currently spends over $16 billion annually on 43 different job training programs; the White House is hoping to turn these "ineffective and unaccountable" programs into effective ones, resulting in skilled workers with new careers.

"The reality is that there are still Americans seeking employment despite low unemployment rates, and companies are struggling to fill vacancies for positions that require varied levels of skills and training," Ivanka told reporters during a briefing. "So the Trump administration is committed to working very closely to close the skills gap."

does the country really need 43 different jobs programs ........
I'd bet a Grant there is plenty of overlap that could be eliminated

I wonder if Mike Rowe will be tapped for a role in that. From the description, it almost looks as if this "initiative" was crafted entirely based on his previous writings on the subject.

glhs837

Power with Control
I wonder if Mike Rowe will be tapped for a role in that. From the description, it almost looks as if this "initiative" was crafted entirely based on his previous writings on the subject.

I would imagine if so, it should be as a "Special Advisor" sort of role, where he could point out to the boss that "Ah, Mr. President, Turnip Twaddling is NOT a real vocation, regardless of what Rep Smith from Turniptown Junction IA thinks".

And I agree, it would be better to not tax folks, take the govt cut off the top then spend it to do things with it that industry could do. Best would be to get the heck out of that game. But if you can't kill a program, at least you can move money from subsidizing Womans/Gender/Angels on the Head of a Pin Studies to subsidize instead 4-5 peoples vocational studies.

luvmygdaughters

I think its a great idea! Not every kid will be able to afford college. We still need people who know how to build homes, repair cars, fix leaky sinks, etc.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
But if you can't kill a program, at least you can move money from subsidizing Womans/Gender/Angels on the Head of a Pin Studies to subsidize instead 4-5 peoples vocational studies.

... Training Math Teachers New and Innovative Ways of Engaging Their Students.

:yay: