Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Teacher Suspended After Pro-Trump High School Yearbook Photos Altered

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    I was the business manager for our senior yearbook. The majority of the cost of publication came from businesses who purchased advertising space in the book. Next came subscription sales and there was a little from the department of education.
    was on yearbook staff as well and you're right. Patron sales (ads) and yearbook purchases were the bulk of it but the bottom line is that it was a school publication and the administration had final say. In the case we're talking about here, it sounds like it was the yearbook advisor who altered the pictures. The administration is not happy about it and suspended the yearbook advisor.

Quote Originally Posted by awpitt View Post
    was on yearbook staff as well and you're right. Patron sales (ads) and yearbook purchases were the bulk of it but the bottom line is that it was a school publication and the administration had final say. In the case we're talking about here, it sounds like it was the yearbook advisor who altered the pictures. The administration is not happy about it and suspended the yearbook advisor.
    Which was the right approach.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Do you agree with the decision to censor the shirt?
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    Do you agree with the decision to censor the shirt?
    I haven't seen the pictures that were altered so I don't know. I will say that I agree with what's been said by the school admin since the yearbook is a school publication.

I haven't seen the pictures that were altered so I don't know. I will say that I agree with what's been said by the school admin since the yearbook is a school publication.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new-jersey-school-photoshopped-t-1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	118907

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trump shirt.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	118908

Again, I will say that I agree with what's been said by the school admin since the yearbook is a school publication.

Again, I will say that I agree with what's been said by the school admin since the yearbook is a school publication.
    And the superintendent has decided that the yearbooks will be reprinted - http://www.nj.com/education/2017/06/...pro-trump.html

Maybe that advisor should have their pay docked to cover the expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken King View Post
    And the superintendent has decided that the yearbooks will be reprinted - http://www.nj.com/education/2017/06/...pro-trump.html

Maybe that advisor should have their pay docked to cover the expense.
    Yep.

You seem incapable of making up your own mind. You really need someone else to dictate it to you?

The first amendment! It still applies here. As long as it's nothing profane or obscene... We're talking about one of presidents of this country. If he had "George Washington Our First Great Founder" I'm willing to bet they would not have edited it out. This was politically motivated, and it's gone way past annoying.

Members who have read this thread: 59