Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Teacher Suspended After Pro-Trump High School Yearbook Photos Altered

UPDATE: Teacher Suspended After Pro-Trump High School Yearbook Photos Altered

A teacher at a New Jersey high school has ben suspended after yearbook photos of two high school students wearing shirts with President Donald Trump’s name were altered.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post

A teacher at a New Jersey high school has ben suspended after yearbook photos of two high school students wearing shirts with President Donald Trump’s name were altered.
    Wow, I think what's most shocking to me is the quick accurate response. Not what we're used to from school administrations.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Wow, I think what's most shocking to me is the quick accurate response. Not what we're used to from school administrations.

It is NJ I'm surprised they aren't throwing a party for the teacher .....
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

Now, should the guy be fired? Nope, but he should write an essay to be published in the school paper explaining why what he did was wrong. Bonus points for explaining what wrong mental thought process he used to convince himself that it was okay.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Now, should the guy be fired? Nope, but he should write an essay to be published in the school paper explaining why what he did was wrong. Bonus points for explaining what wrong mental thought process he used to convince himself that it was okay.
    Oh yeah, we see those apologies all the time....I'm so truly sorry BUT blah blah blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Oh yeah, we see those apologies all the time....I'm so truly sorry BUT blah blah blah blah
    I never said apology. don't want that, but a real essay explaining why he was wrong. and the Principal should receive and grade it before publishing.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    Possibly pay for reprinting the yearbooks just so there is an actual punishment. As it is he's getting paid and not working, sounds like an anti punishment.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin99 View Post
    Possibly pay for reprinting the yearbooks just so there is an actual punishment. As it is he's getting paid and not working, sounds like an anti punishment.
    Sounds like an accommodation to the union.
    If diversity were such a strength, why do blacks preach “solidarity”?

I'm not sure that, on this, I'm entirely against the school. They should not have altered the pics.
    But I am not sure they should have allowed them to be taken, either.

A yearbook is an inappropriate place to have political material. It's about school and school memories.
    If I recall correctly, MY schools DID review pics that were to go in and re-took pics or otherwise blocked the publishing
    of pics that said certain things. (My senior yearbook DID however miss ME subtly flipping the bird in a group pic).

Vulgar material - or suggestive T-shirt slogans (two ACTUAL shirts from my school days - a pizza place that prominently said "The best piece" right on the front, and a hot dog place that boasted on its shirts "the best meat between the buns") were not allowed. But that went for gestures (ha!) and even slogans on shirts. (Gang signs weren't a "thing" then).
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Members who have read this thread: 74