Session's Testimony.......

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Who'll be watching? I know most of you work....

CNN is falling all over themselves......

If he says this.....then that
He might say this....then that
He could do this......then that
If he does this....then that

The Russians are taking over the world
Trump, Trump, Trump

It's a riot......

Hijinx

Who'll be watching? I know most of you work....

CNN is falling all over themselves......

If he says this.....then that
He might say this....then that
He could do this......then that
If he does this....then that

The Russians are taking over the world
Trump, Trump, Trump

It's a riot......

I don't know about the rest of the people on planet Earth, but this Russian BS coming from the Dimmies is starting to piss me off.

Midnightrider

I thought his testimony was a mixed bag of mostly boring. He backed up some of the things Comey said, he refuted others, he explained away several issues, and the he went all irancontra with the "not that I recall" and once he even followed that with a " at least not at this time"
Anyway, that whole claiming privaledge without clawing it is BS. Either answer the questions or come up with a legal reason not to.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I thought his testimony was a mixed bag of mostly boring. He backed up some of the things Comey said, he refuted others, he explained away several issues, and the he went all irancontra with the "not that I recall" and once he even followed that with a " at least not at this time"
Anyway, that whole claiming privaledge without clawing it is BS. Either answer the questions or come up with a legal reason not to.

So we'll keep you firmly in the "The Russians!!" camp. As we expected we would.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
CNN cut away from a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on Tuesday morning, seconds after Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) raised concerns that Special Counsel Robert Mueller had hired a former Clinton Foundation attorney to assist with the probe into alleged Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
Graham was questioning Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who was sitting in for Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

Democrats have long accused the Trump campaign of colluding with Russia, though no evidence has emerged. There is also speculation that Special Counsel Mueller will probe allegations of obstruction of justice against President Donald Trump.

Earlier this week, reports emerged that Mueller had hired attorneys for his investigative team who had donated to Hillary Clinton in the past, and one in particular who had represented the Clinton Foundation in its effort to block Freedom of Information Act requests for e-mails on Clinton’s private server.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journa...-senator-objects-clinton-foundation-attorney/

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Either answer the questions or come up with a legal reason not to.

I'm protecting the right of the president to assert it if he chooses," Sessions said. "The president will either assert the privilege or not, or some other privilege can be asserted, but at this point I believe it's premature for me to deny the president a full and intelligence choice about executive privilege."

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-is-executive-privilege-jeff-sessions-testimony-2017-6

Midnightrider

I'm protecting the right of the president to assert it if he chooses," Sessions said. "The president will either assert the privilege or not, or some other privilege can be asserted, but at this point I believe it's premature for me to deny the president a full and intelligence choice about executive privilege."

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-is-executive-privilege-jeff-sessions-testimony-2017-6
Where is the legal reason? I see some double talk, but no legal out.
Besides, what happened since last week? http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/05/comey-trump-239146

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I truly believe you should have a right to talk to your boss, wife, kids, lawyer, doctor and Priest without the world knowing about it.....

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Sessions did not claim executive privilege...he stated on numerous occasions only the Presudent could do that....so what's your beef?

Hijinx

Sessions did not claim executive privilege...he stated on numerous occasions only the Presudent could do that....so what's your beef?

His beef is the same old anti-Trump cry baby BS.

Rather ask Where is the beef. This Russian BS has no beef.
But you can't convince people who refuse to look at the facts.

Remember these people wanted Hillary Clinton to be President so she could follow the last and most incompetent President in history.

steppinthrax

I truly believe you should have a right to talk to your boss, wife, kids, lawyer, doctor and Priest without the world knowing about it.....

Priest = Yes
Lawyer = Yes

All the others are open based on the legal situation. Physician records can be supena, all the others, the lawyer can simply ask you during cross-examination. The other side may object, but if a judge overrules that, then it's fair game....

littlelady

God bless the USA
Have you been sleeping all week or what? Sessions didn't assert executive privilege and neither did Trump. So where's the watermelon?

Funny, Doc! Tucker just said leaks are like potato chips... you can't eat just one. :killingme:

SamSpade

I have to admit - I *loved* this bit ----

COTTON: Mr. Sessions, are you familair with what spies call tradecraft?
SESSIONS: A little bit.
COTTON: That involves things like covert communications, and dead drops, and brush passes, right?
SESSIONS: That is part of it.

COTTON: Do you like spy fiction? John le Carre? Daniel Silva? Jason Matthews?

SESSIONS: Yeah, and Alan Furst. David Ignatius, just finished Ignatius’ book.
COTTON: Do you like Jason Bourne or James Bond movies?
SESSIONS: Yes. I do.
COTTON: Have you ever, in any of these fantastical situations, heard of a plotline so ridiculous, that a sitting United States senator and an ambassador of a foreign government colluded at an open setting, with hundreds of other people to pull off the greatest caper in the history of espionage?
SESSIONS: Thank you for saying that, Senator Cotton. It’s just like through the looking glass. I mean, what is this? I explained how, in good faith, I had said, ‘I had not met with the Russians,’ because [Democrats were] suggesting that I as a surrogate had been meeting continuously with Russians. I said I didn’t meet with them. And now, the next thing you know, I’m accused of some reception, plotting some sort of influence campaign for the American election. It’s just beyond my capability to understand.

And I have to admit, he has a point. Almost as ridiculous as the Truthers who somehow believed that tens of thousands of ordinary citizens knew the planes would hit the WTC and were all warned ahead of time - but somehow NO ONE ELSE knew about it.

At the heart of any GOOD conspiracy idea - there's some kind of smoking gun. A dead body. An explosion. A fire. A verifiable actual crime. Large amounts of money. Even a large confluence of events that would be difficult to explain separately as coincidence. This whole thing has nothing. Nothing but a lost election that despite the shock and denial from the left - should NOT have been a shock.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I have to admit - I *loved* this bit ----

COTTON: Mr. Sessions, are you familair with what spies call tradecraft?
SESSIONS: A little bit.
COTTON: That involves things like covert communications, and dead drops, and brush passes, right?
SESSIONS: That is part of it.

COTTON: Do you like spy fiction? John le Carre? Daniel Silva? Jason Matthews?

SESSIONS: Yeah, and Alan Furst. David Ignatius, just finished Ignatius’ book.
COTTON: Do you like Jason Bourne or James Bond movies?
SESSIONS: Yes. I do.
COTTON: Have you ever, in any of these fantastical situations, heard of a plotline so ridiculous, that a sitting United States senator and an ambassador of a foreign government colluded at an open setting, with hundreds of other people to pull off the greatest caper in the history of espionage?
SESSIONS: Thank you for saying that, Senator Cotton. It’s just like through the looking glass. I mean, what is this? I explained how, in good faith, I had said, ‘I had not met with the Russians,’ because [Democrats were] suggesting that I as a surrogate had been meeting continuously with Russians. I said I didn’t meet with them. And now, the next thing you know, I’m accused of some reception, plotting some sort of influence campaign for the American election. It’s just beyond my capability to understand.

And I have to admit, he has a point. Almost as ridiculous as the Truthers who somehow believed that tens of thousands of ordinary citizens knew the planes would hit the WTC and were all warned ahead of time - but somehow NO ONE ELSE knew about it.

At the heart of any GOOD conspiracy idea - there's some kind of smoking gun. A dead body. An explosion. A fire. A verifiable actual crime. Large amounts of money. Even a large confluence of events that would be difficult to explain separately as coincidence. This whole thing has nothing. Nothing but a lost election that despite the shock and denial from the left - should NOT have been a shock.

You made me think of Bush's 'shock and awe' of it all. :lol: I have already said here that the Dimmies will not get over their defeat, and want to take Trump down. That is like a wake up call to stupids that are not paying attention. Don't people get that the leapfrogs are not patriots to America, and want to change Her?

PsyOps

Pixelated
With the exception of Joe <Why is he a Democrat> Manchin, democrats didn't have the least bit interest in the Russia hacking/collusion thing. Not one question about it. Nothing but a bunch of antagonistic gotcha questions.

This has been, from the beginning, a pointless exercise; a chronic waste of time and our taxes. And, I'm extremely annoyed that the GOP (who has the majority) is allowing this to go on like this.