Apparently You're 'Deeply Transphobic' If You Don't Want To Sleep With A Trans Person

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Apparently You're 'Deeply Transphobic' If You Don't Want To Sleep With A Trans Person

So, the term "equality" has really come a long way for those in the trans movement — a real long way. According to trans activist and blogger Tiffany Berruti, if you don't want to have sex with trans people, you're deeply transphobic.
[clip]
Of course, one can fully recognize the humanity of a person who is trans and agree that trans people deserve equality (not extra rights) while simultaneously rejecting the potential of an intimate relationship with a trans person. This is obvious. If a man is attracted to women, for instance, he will likely not be attracted to a trans woman because a trans woman is actually a biological man, and likely still has a penis, unless he's had surgery.

This is not transphobia, nor is it contributing to the murder of trans people, as Berruti suggests.

But Berruti is one step behind the most woke transgender activist of all, Riley J. Dennis of Everyday Feminism, who has argued that only being attracted to one kind of genitals is transphobic.

ref article:

No, I Don't Have To Tell You I'm Trans Before Dating You
Demanding trans people come out to potential partners is transphobic.

In 2014, Jennifer Laude, a 26-year-old Filipina woman, was brutally murdered after having sex with a U.S. marine. The marine in question, Joseph Scott Pemberton, strangled her until she was unconscious and then proceeded to drown her in a toilet bowl.

Understandably, this crime triggered a lot of outrage. But while some were outraged over the horrific nature of the crime, many others were outraged by a different detail in the story. That was because Jennifer Laude had done the unspeakable. She was a trans woman and had not disclosed that information before having sex with Pemberton. So in the minds of many cis people, her death was the price she paid for not disclosing her trans status. Here are some of the comments on CNN's Facebook page when the story broke.

[clip]

Disgust towards trans people is ingrained in all of us from a very early age. The gender binary forms the basis of European societies. It establishes that there are men and there are women, and each has a specific role. For the gender binary to have power, it has to be rigid and inflexible. Thus, from the day we are born, we are taught to believe in a very static and strict form of gender. We learn that if you have a penis, you are a man, and if you have a vagina, you are a woman. Trans people are walking refutations of this concept of gender. Our very existence threatens to undermine the gender binary itself. And for that, we are constantly demonized. For example, trans people, mainly women of color, continue to be slaughtered in droves for being trans.

The justification of transphobic oppression is often that transness is inherently disgusting. For example, the "trans panic" defense still exists to this day. This defense involves the defendant asking for a lesser sentence after killing a trans person because they contend that when they found out the victim was trans, they freaked out and couldn't control themselves. This defense is still legal in every state but California.

And our culture constantly reinforces the notion that transness is undesirable. For example, there is the common trope in fictional media in which a male protagonist is "tricked" into sleeping with a trans woman. The character's disgust after finding out is often used as a punchline.

h3mech

if you are dating a trans girl then you are dating a man then you are gay

So, the term "equality" has really come a long way for those in the trans movement — a real long way. According to trans activist and blogger Tiffany Berruti, if you don't want to have sex with trans people, you're deeply transphobic.
[clip]
Of course, one can fully recognize the humanity of a person who is trans and agree that trans people deserve equality (not extra rights) while simultaneously rejecting the potential of an intimate relationship with a trans person. This is obvious. If a man is attracted to women, for instance, he will likely not be attracted to a trans woman because a trans woman is actually a biological man, and likely still has a penis, unless he's had surgery.

This is not transphobia, nor is it contributing to the murder of trans people, as Berruti suggests.

But Berruti is one step behind the most woke transgender activist of all, Riley J. Dennis of Everyday Feminism, who has argued that only being attracted to one kind of genitals is transphobic.

ref article:

No, I Don't Have To Tell You I'm Trans Before Dating You
Demanding trans people come out to potential partners is transphobic.

In 2014, Jennifer Laude, a 26-year-old Filipina woman, was brutally murdered after having sex with a U.S. marine. The marine in question, Joseph Scott Pemberton, strangled her until she was unconscious and then proceeded to drown her in a toilet bowl.

Understandably, this crime triggered a lot of outrage. But while some were outraged over the horrific nature of the crime, many others were outraged by a different detail in the story. That was because Jennifer Laude had done the unspeakable. She was a trans woman and had not disclosed that information before having sex with Pemberton. So in the minds of many cis people, her death was the price she paid for not disclosing her trans status. Here are some of the comments on CNN's Facebook page when the story broke.

[clip]

Disgust towards trans people is ingrained in all of us from a very early age. The gender binary forms the basis of European societies. It establishes that there are men and there are women, and each has a specific role. For the gender binary to have power, it has to be rigid and inflexible. Thus, from the day we are born, we are taught to believe in a very static and strict form of gender. We learn that if you have a penis, you are a man, and if you have a vagina, you are a woman. Trans people are walking refutations of this concept of gender. Our very existence threatens to undermine the gender binary itself. And for that, we are constantly demonized. For example, trans people, mainly women of color, continue to be slaughtered in droves for being trans.

The justification of transphobic oppression is often that transness is inherently disgusting. For example, the "trans panic" defense still exists to this day. This defense involves the defendant asking for a lesser sentence after killing a trans person because they contend that when they found out the victim was trans, they freaked out and couldn't control themselves. This defense is still legal in every state but California.

And our culture constantly reinforces the notion that transness is undesirable. For example, there is the common trope in fictional media in which a male protagonist is "tricked" into sleeping with a trans woman. The character's disgust after finding out is often used as a punchline.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Okay, I don't know how this works. Who is this complaint directed at, and if you're a tran-whatever, which sex do you want to sleep with? I mean, if you're a male to female, do you still want to sleep with women, or are you gay? If you're a female to male, do you want to sleep with men, or are you a dyke? See, this whole business just confuses the crap outta' me.

PeoplesElbow

What the transvestite did was wrong, but on the level of sleeping with your significant other's sister wrong, lying for sex wrong etc.

What the marine did was really really wrong, ie murder.

PeoplesElbow

Okay, I don't know how this works. Who is this complaint directed at, and if you're a tran-whatever, which sex do you want to sleep with? I mean, if you're a male to female, do you still want to sleep with women, or are you gay? If you're a female to male, do you want to sleep with men, or are you a dyke? See, this whole business just confuses the crap outta' me.

I know a woman whose boyfriend decided that he wanted to be a woman, but wanted to stay in a relationship with her. She told him she wasn't a lesbian so they would have to break up and he offered to keep his penis, she told him she did not want to be with a woman with a penis. He decided against any changes, she broke up with him a few weeks later anyway and never heard from him again.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I know a woman whose boyfriend decided that he wanted to be a woman, but wanted to stay in a relationship with her. She told him she wasn't a lesbian so they would have to break up and he offered to keep his penis, she told him she did not want to be with a woman with a penis. He decided against any changes, she broke up with him a few weeks later anyway and never heard from him again.

I suspect she dodged a bullet.

SamSpade

Demanding trans people come out to potential partners is transphobic..

That's dumb. I've ended or stopped new relationships on things much less controversial - like how rude she was to the waiter, or how bad she smelled, or how much she smoked or drank.
And some things kind of ARE important - would you think it's important to find out if your partner had an STD or were HIV positive? Yeah, KIND OF important.

If they're so proud of being transgendered, they shouldn't get all upset if they hid it from someone.
If you want to be respected for what you are, have the decency to be on the level with those you intend to get intimate with.