Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mosquito

Question Mosquito

May sound like a stupid question asking if anyone has been bit by Mosquitos here in St Marys. But those of you that have been bitten have you noticed the bite to linger longer or cause complications? I've always taken a little longer to get over bug bites. Perhaps a day to 24 hours. But I was bitten several times while fishing Friday night on base and I have itched and scratched and been miserable since. Calamine, Benadryl (rub and oral), cortisone you name it. Nothing seems to help. I've dug my skin raw and now I notice hard knots in the muscle on my arm close to where the bites are at my elbow. Also I get these jabs like a bee stinging me. Thinking I may need to head to med express tomorrow. But was really curious.

Quote Originally Posted by CdShiflett View Post
    May sound like a stupid question asking if anyone has been bit by Mosquitos here in St Marys. But those of you that have been bitten have you noticed the bite to linger longer or cause complications? I've always taken a little longer to get over bug bites. Perhaps a day to 24 hours. But I was bitten several times while fishing Friday night on base and I have itched and scratched and been miserable since. Calamine, Benadryl (rub and oral), cortisone you name it. Nothing seems to help. I've dug my skin raw and now I notice hard knots in the muscle on my arm close to where the bites are at my elbow. Also I get these jabs like a bee stinging me. Thinking I may need to head to med express tomorrow. But was really curious.
    Welcome to Southern Maryland....it's not just mosquitoes, it all kind of critters. Benadryl spray anti itch is the go to solution
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas....

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    How is it that you don't see how crazy you sound when you do this?

Quote Originally Posted by CdShiflett View Post
    Possible deer tick?

Yes, welcome to the land of biting insects. Lanacane spray works pretty well, but still they take forever to go away for me too. Then here they come again.

Mosquitoes are known to carry many different diseases. It is not out of the question that they may be capable of carrying other diseases that science still does not recognize as being associated with a mosquito. In addition, there are several types of mosquitoes in Southern Maryland. I saw one the other day that was about 3 quarters of an inch long. Only the females bite.

If I may ...

DEET. Use it early and use it often. Learn to love it.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

Thanks all. Yes Only been in MD a year and quite frankly I was held hostage all of last Summer by the humidity. Used Benadryl by mouth and the jel. Lanacane I love for pain but didn't touch the itch. Calamine you name it. It finally settled down last night some. As for deer tick. I suffer from Chronic Lyme.so I check myself as soon as I feel a bite. Bought a spray with DEET and will use it. In hopes I am not allergic to it. I really don't care to spend another Summer in the house.

“WH press corps, it's tough to keep track of the precise number of asses on the premises” D. Gross

Man, I'm still here !!!
    I know internet is full of storys of citronella plants ineffectiveness, But i bought two from lowes this year, put on my deck, and they are working for me. We have always had problem with squitoes where we live !!!! Also they look nice. Whats a couple dollars to have a few plants on your deck, might work might not for you.

Mosquito Barrier

I use it Twice a month on my yard.....works awesome
    http://www.mosquitobarrier.com/?gcli...cjmhoCvEzw_wcB
    When you lie down with dogs, you're going to get fleas....

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    How is it that you don't see how crazy you sound when you do this?

Members who have read this thread: 77