Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Trumps approval rating hits new low

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Not bad - and although I've noticed that Rasmussen tends to favor the right more than the left, in the last election they were the closest to the result.
    Yeah, I've seen comparisons done that give it to IBD/TPP - but none of those include Rasmussen.

It doesn't matter if you tilt right or left - IF your answer is actually proven correct.
    I cannot find their 2016 polling. ABC/Washington Post and Bloomberg were pretty close on the national results https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...nton-5491.html

Quote Originally Posted by philibusters View Post
    I cannot find their 2016 polling. ABC/Washington Post and Bloomberg were pretty close on the national results https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...nton-5491.html
    Just looking at pages like this one:

http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/19/th...ording-to-rcp/

which actually puts it second - and IBD/TPP first.
    (Another lesser known polling firm - PPD - was actually better than THEM).

I mean, quite a lot were close. It's hard to fault a lot of them. I just don't care for accusations that say if it favors the GOP, it's biased and *wrong*.
    So Rasmussen favors the GOP - but it turned out to be accurate?

Opinion polling is getting increasingly difficult, especially as people trend away from landlines to cell phones almost exclusively.
    It taints the model when you're stuck with landlines. Frankly, I have no idea how to get ahead of it.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Just looking at pages like this one:

http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/19/th...ording-to-rcp/

which actually puts it second - and IBD/TPP first.
    (Another lesser known polling firm - PPD - was actually better than THEM).

I mean, quite a lot were close. It's hard to fault a lot of them. I just don't care for accusations that say if it favors the GOP, it's biased and *wrong*.
    So Rasmussen favors the GOP - but it turned out to be accurate?

Opinion polling is getting increasingly difficult, especially as people trend away from landlines to cell phones almost exclusively.
    It taints the model when you're stuck with landlines. Frankly, I have no idea how to get ahead of it.
    I vote for who I like. I have my own opinions. Polls don't mean sh1t to me.
    Trump is still President.
    And doing a pretty fair job with no help from either side.

polling depends on a couple of things ........

How exactly is the question formed ?
    What neighborhoods are the calling into ?

are they calling LA County / New York City Area Codes or Rural Idaho and Wyoming
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    OMG

Are you seriously delusional or do you just troll for fun?

You have called me names and insulted me, completely without provocation, and in lieu of refuting my point and making one of your own. You have jumped in and insulted me when I wasn't even talking to you and I was in a discussion with someone else. In fact, you've done this repeatedly, and not only with me but with others as well.

Mr. Holier Than Thou, living in your own reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    I shouldn't have done it but I can promise you I will only call Gillian names. . Since he just replies to all my post with the same. Feel free to see how long I held my tongue Yet he claims to actual know some of you in real life I'm shocked anyone would be seen in public with an idiot like that. I also can't believe he would behave the way he does on here and then have to look people in the eye
    You are such a tough guy!
    Listen to me now, and believe me later: it doesn't matter how much you pump up those muscles, as long as you reach the full pumptential.

It's not 'roids but thanks for noticing...

Quote Originally Posted by warneckutz View Post
    You are such a tough guy!
    If he does call me names, I shall cry.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    If he does call me names, I shall cry.
    At least you know you'll only have to worry about the little guy over the internet and not in the real world.
    Listen to me now, and believe me later: it doesn't matter how much you pump up those muscles, as long as you reach the full pumptential.

It's not 'roids but thanks for noticing...

Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    They were held up by their general incompetence and the public clamor for hearings into their qualifications.

Senate Democrats drug out the hearings as long as possible ........ Schumer even said that was the plan

Democrats pledge to slow-walk Trump's nomination votes

I'll grant you Trump Administration is behind in nominations but the Senate Democrats are NOT Helping the situation
    Last edited by GURPS; 06-19-2017 at 09:35 AM.
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

Members who have read this thread: 51