Kevin Durant

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Why all the hate?

It was a smart move IMO.

When someone else did the same thing a few years back, not much was said.

thurley42

HY;FR
I really hope you're not trying to imply that what Lebron did is anywhere remotely the same thing as being the 2nd best player in the league and going to a record setting team that you've decided you couldn't beat so you'd better join......It was a smart move if he's after meaningless championships that no one respects......it wasn't a smart move because people outside of the GS Bandwagon that actually pay attention to sports think he's a cupcake.

bron.jpg

Grumpy

They are both big babies, who probably took their ball and went home as children, when they didn't get their way.

Grumpy

Its not the same thing... what LeBron did was worse!

LeBron left for MONEY! Durant did it because he wanted a championship.

James, the Cavs' all-time leader in scoring among other categories, could be leaving as much as $40 million on the table by not signing a maximum contract with the Cavs and instead going with the Heat.

Really?

thurley42

HY;FR
Its not the same thing... what LeBron did was worse!

LeBron left for MONEY! Durant did it because he wanted a championship.

Have you ever actually watched a basketball game? Do you know what a basketball looks like? You obviously have zero clue what you're talking about....As a lifelong Cleveland sports fan, I could give you almost a dozen detailed reasons where it's no where even close to the same thing, but you saying Lebron did it for the money is so completely offbase and crazy that it's obvious it wouldn't resonate.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I really hope you're not trying to imply that what Lebron did is anywhere remotely the same thing as being the 2nd best player in the league and going to a record setting team that you've decided you couldn't beat so you'd better join......

In essence it was the same thing. A player that didn't win a championship going to a team with plenty of talent and being the 1 to get them over the hump. 1 difference is that GS was there the last 2 years, winning it all once.

I thought James saw the writing on the wall in Cleveland, knew he couldn't win a ring and wanted to NOT be the guy that was great but without a championship. Going to Miami, which already had Wade & Bosh, made sense. ANd it worked as he got 2 rings down there.