Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46

Thread: Any minute now it will collapse into it's own footprint, yup, any minute.

  1. #31
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    20,397
    Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...



    Almost a case of rendition. I was walking down the street when a van pulled up and two big fellows out of nowhere pushed me into the darkened interior just as the door opened up. Immediately a black hood was placed over my head. I couldn't see anything, (It's not like in the movies). After a short drive that seemed like an eternity, the van stopped and the door opened. I was pulled out and walked, between those to big fellas, to a room. I was slammed into a chair and tightly secured with heavy duty zip ties. That's all I am allowed to say. They are not nice people. Anyway ...... I'm back.

    First off, those towers were built to withstand the very thing that happened, jet fuel and all. Aeroplanes are just one long aluminum alloy tube with the densest items being the engines. Any amount of fuel, that wasn't dispersed into the air or as a fireball, after impact, was quickly consumed. There just wasn't enough time, for the jet fuel to bend, warp, weaken, fatigue, those steel beams to the point of failure. Also, there was nowhere near the damage or fire with building 7. Explain that one. Not political. Not conspiratorial. Just observational. The size of the building is not relevant because it's construction size is relative to the construction of a taller building. That building was fully engulfed for hours. Nearly the entire structure was burning extremely hot for hours. Yet it still stands. Just making comparisons. Relative to size and all.
    No amount of argument will convince so why try.

  2. #32
    #*! boat! Gilligan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    40,025
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...



    Almost a case of rendition. I was walking down the street when a van pulled up and two big fellows out of nowhere pushed me into the darkened interior just as the door opened up. Immediately a black hood was placed over my head. I couldn't see anything, (It's not like in the movies). After a short drive that seemed like an eternity, the van stopped and the door opened. I was pulled out and walked, between those to big fellas, to a room. I was slammed into a chair and tightly secured with heavy duty zip ties. That's all I am allowed to say. They are not nice people. Anyway ...... I'm back.

    First off, those towers were built to withstand the very thing that happened, jet fuel and all. Aeroplanes are just one long aluminum alloy tube with the densest items being the engines. Any amount of fuel, that wasn't dispersed into the air or as a fireball, after impact, was quickly consumed. There just wasn't enough time, for the jet fuel to bend, warp, weaken, fatigue, those steel beams to the point of failure. Also, there was nowhere near the damage or fire with building 7. Explain that one. Not political. Not conspiratorial. Just observational. The size of the building is not relevant because it's construction size is relative to the construction of a taller building. That building was fully engulfed for hours. Nearly the entire structure was burning extremely hot for hours. Yet it still stands. Just making comparisons. Relative to size and all.
    I'm genuinely sorry to discover that you are, in fact, a fawking nut case. I always thought better of you.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

  3. #33
    If I may ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    I'm genuinely sorry to discover that you are, in fact, a fawking nut case. I always thought better of you.
    My handlers told me this would happen. I am an adamant follower, and supporter, of "The Policy of the United States". But, since I haven't been able to take the boat out since April, and while slime grows upon her hull at the marina, I figured I'd try my luck here. Let's see, I think I might be getting some nibbles ..... Think Scooby-doo snicker.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    First off, those towers were built to withstand the very thing that happened, jet fuel and all. Aeroplanes are just one long aluminum alloy tube with the densest items being the engines. Any amount of fuel, that wasn't dispersed into the air or as a fireball, after impact, was quickly consumed. There just wasn't enough time, for the jet fuel to bend, warp, weaken, fatigue, those steel beams to the point of failure. Also, there was nowhere near the damage or fire with building 7. Explain that one. Not political. Not conspiratorial. Just observational. The size of the building is not relevant because it's construction size is relative to the construction of a taller building. That building was fully engulfed for hours. Nearly the entire structure was burning extremely hot for hours. Yet it still stands. Just making comparisons. Relative to size and all.
    I'm not sure where you get your info. Perhaps you could back it up with reliable sources.

    The thing you're not considering is the damage the impact did. This, in and of itself, could have been enough to start the collapse without a fire. Perhaps it wasn't the fire that caused the collapse at all. The weakened structure from the impact, and stress over time, is likely the biggest cause of the collapse.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    Also, there was nowhere near the damage or fire with building 7. Explain that one. Not political. Not conspiratorial. Just observational. The size of the building is not relevant because it's construction size is relative to the construction of a taller building. That building was fully engulfed for hours. Nearly the entire structure was burning extremely hot for hours. Yet it still stands. Just making comparisons. Relative to size and all.
    Apparently there was enough damage and fire to take down 7. Do you have an explanation for the collapse of WTC 7?

    World Trade Center 7 Report Puts 9/11 Conspiracy Theory to Rest
    Last edited by PsyOps; 06-17-2017 at 09:42 AM.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  6. #36
    Registered User PeoplesElbow's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Smackdown hotel
    Posts
    4,583
    Buckling is a funny thing as it has nothing to do with the strength of the material but the stiffness and occurs suddenly without warning. It is one of the first thing sophomore engineering students learn, however it is not intuitive at all because it is stability and not strength based. Elevated temperatures cause thermal expansion and also they cause a reduction in the elastic modulus, which is a variable in the buckling equation.

    I am just curious:

    1) None of the people that believe in the conspiracy theory has any sort of structural experience.
    2) People with structural design experience believe the official report because there is a scientific basis for it and it follows what we know about the mechanics of the situation and has reproducible results.
    3) Other than "I just don't like it" what basis do you have for believing these conspiracy theories, do you think Rosie O'Donnell and Charlie Sheen know more about this than engineers, architects, and metallurgists that have structural design experience?
    4) What credentials do you have that make you a believable source?

    I am guessing G's post (#32) sums it up though.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

  7. #37
    If I may ...

    Ok, ok. Maybe I shouldn't gone fishing in shark infested waters. Thought it would be fun to poke by starting a thread about tall burning buildings. Maybe I should have signed up for an account at a 911 truther website and posted it there instead? It seems that those guys really eat that sh*t up. If you did notice, I didn't post any links that could have supported any claims. Why, because they are coo coo. Apologizes for posting on a the subject.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

  8. #38
    Registered User PeoplesElbow's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Smackdown hotel
    Posts
    4,583
    Anyhoo, you now have me wondering what the structural support of that apartment was. A building that size could possibly be supported mostly by concrete with a little bit of steel where needed. In the 70's when it was built steel was starting to get expensive so there was shift in using the concrete as the major vertical structural element instead of the steel.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...

    Ok, ok. Maybe I shouldn't gone fishing in shark infested waters. Thought it would be fun to poke by starting a thread about tall burning buildings. Maybe I should have signed up for an account at a 911 truther website and posted it there instead? It seems that those guys really eat that sh*t up. If you did notice, I didn't post any links that could have supported any claims. Why, because they are coo coo. Apologizes for posting on a the subject.
    So this was just a lame attempt at trolling ?


    You may note that nobody here ate up your troll bait.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...

    Ok, ok. Maybe I shouldn't gone fishing in shark infested waters. Thought it would be fun to poke by starting a thread about tall burning buildings. Maybe I should have signed up for an account at a 911 truther website and posted it there instead? It seems that those guys really eat that sh*t up. If you did notice, I didn't post any links that could have supported any claims. Why, because they are coo coo. Apologizes for posting on a the subject.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Members who have read this thread: 79

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |