Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any minute now it will collapse into it's own footprint, yup, any minute.

Any minute now it will collapse into it's own footprint, yup, any minute.

If I may ...

Fire engulfs 27-story building built in 1974.

Looks like it's still standing. And here I thought fire melted steel. Silly me.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...

Fire fueled by thousands of gallons of jet fuel will do that, right?
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." John Adams

Well you need to take out a good portion of its support system.
    Society of Man

The explosives demo team that took down the Twin Towers have all retired..all 230 of them. So they couldn't get anyone with the experience necessary for this job.
    "Cynicism is the smoke that rises from the ashes of burned out dreams."

If I may ...

So......................... Bush did it?

Wait....................... The building didn't fall; so Bush didn't do it?

"Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Shouldn't this be in Conspiracy theories?

If I may ...

I realize this is your idiotic political statement. However, Fire "can" melt steel but there are many factors involved, such as;

1. Intensity and temperature of the fire.
    2. If the steel had fireproofing protection
    3. Thickness and weight of the steel and lots more.

If, in your political statement, you're trying to compare this to the twin towers, you're an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Freefaller View Post
    I realize this is your idiotic political statement. However, Fire "can" melt steel but there are many factors involved, such as;

1. Intensity and temperature of the fire.
    2. If the steel had fireproofing protection
    3. Thickness and weight of the steel and lots more.

If, in your political statement, you're trying to compare this to the twin towers, you're an idiot.
    The twin towers was not your every day fire.
    When you have thousands of gallons of jet fuel sprayed over a two or three floors of a building and ignited it's not like some furniture and contents.

If I may ...

Wow. Well, I was actually referring to building 7 of the trade center complex. But since you all bring it up, the towers were never fully engulfed in fire, like this building in England that was fully engulfed and burning for hours, 12 actually. There was way more smoke than fire in the towers. In addition, there was never a sufficient fuel/air mixture to produce a fire hot enough, long enough, to melt the steel support members that were designed to withstand the very thing that happened. Science is a funny thing isn't it? I'm just making an observation.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

If I may ...

Wow. Well, I was actually referring to building 7 of the trade center complex. But since you all bring it up, the towers were never fully engulfed in fire, like this building in England that was fully engulfed and burning for hours, 12 actually. There was way more smoke than fire in the towers. In addition, there was never a sufficient fuel/air mixture to produce a fire hot enough, long enough, to melt the steel support members that were designed to withstand the very thing that happened. Science is a funny thing isn't it? I'm just making an observation.
    So, your facts on what caused the twin towers to go down?
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Members who have read this thread: 35