Thread: The Beanery Cafe & Bakery

The Beanery Cafe & Bakery

The owner of Blue Wind Gourmet just opened The Beanery Café & Bakery this week. Stopped in today for lunch everything I had was excellent. Their quiche of the day (The Sotterely) was amazing. I seriously need to try and recreate this at the house! Super yummy! It was roasted tomatoes & onions w/ gruyere cheese. Omg so good!!! The Chicken Bacon Gruyere Panini was great also. It did come w/ a tomato jam that was a little too sweet for my liking but otherwise it was great. Paninis, wraps, and daily specials come w/ choice of house salad, bean salad, or kale slaw. We got the salad & bean salad. Both were excellent. The salad greens were super fresh my only critic was they only had one sweet vinaigrette which tasted like it might be raspberry?? A little sweet but still good. The bean salad was my favorite. Really fresh bright flavors. Loved it!

I'm also currently eating a slice of their Key Lime Pie at my desk and its legit! Taste like they added a little coconut for a tropical twist.

Definitely will be going back!

Their website isn't up right now otherwise I'd share it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0598.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	125.5 KB 
ID:	118885   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0599.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	129.7 KB 
ID:	118886   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0600.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	156.8 KB 
ID:	118887   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0601.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	168.6 KB 
ID:	118888   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0602.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	118889   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0603.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	118890  

"You die and go to heaven, I'll stay here in Bermuda".

Where is it?

Hickory Hills Shopping Center where Nicoletti's and ABC Liquors is. Pastry looks good so may have to try it out.

Blog Entries
    Awesome! I will definitely have to check them out. Between you and my friends who ate there today all I heard were rave reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Blister View Post
    Where is it?
    It's where Anita's Cakes used to be. Looks like they have added a drive thru window too. Although its not operational right now hopefully in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by jazz lady View Post
    Awesome! I will definitely have to check them out. Between you and my friends who ate there today all I heard were rave reviews.
    I think the food here may be a step above Blue Wind, so if you enjoy them you'll like The Beanery. The wraps looked excellent I want to get back and try the crab one

Went back today for lunch...words out it was insanely busy. Ordered lunch to go for the office... we got 2 of the turkey wraps (turkey, power slaw which was shaved Brussels sprouts and carrots tossed w/ a vinaigrette) one of the gals said it was good...the other said it wasn't her favorite and was lacking flavor. The Cuban was excellent! Really really good the best we've had locally. I got the daily quiche again which was roasted vegetables and it was fantastic. Filled w/ squash, asparagus, mushrooms, onions, etc... Tried the kale slaw as a side and it was dressed in a sweet sauce of sorts...it was good but heavily dressed. Which was definitely problematic w/ our meals that were to go. They are just plastic containers w/ no dividers or anything so the dressing got on our wraps and sandwiches. I had asked if they could box the bean salad separately which they did but didn't think to ask about the kale salad.

Members who have read this thread: 48