Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    Saw this just now - thought it fit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I_Am_A_Big_Fan_Of_Safe_Spaces.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	118895

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    Guns make for a polite society. I know when the shooting starts that I want mine.
    The thought of being disarmed against someone with a gun shooting at me is a bit unsettling.

If the Police had not been at the scene this could have been a slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    Guns make for a polite society. I know when the shooting starts that I want mine.
    The thought of being disarmed against someone with a gun shooting at me is a bit unsettling.

If the Police had not been at the scene this could have been a slaughter.
    They were trapped inside a ball field; just like the nightclub shooting in Orlando and the San Bernardino shooting. With no weapon to combat them, you have two choices - which will not glean good results - try to fight back, or cower behind something, and hope you don't get shot. It's impossible for me to think that this is where we are in our society; that we've allowed our government to render us helpless. And there are those demanding more of it.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    They were trapped inside a ball field; just like the nightclub shooting in Orlando and the San Bernardino shooting. With no weapon to combat them, you have two choices - which will not glean good results - try to fight back, or cower behind something, and hope you don't get shot. It's impossible for me to think that this is where we are in our society; that we've allowed our government to render us helpless. And there are those demanding more of it.
    It all has to do with our Government making us Dependent on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    It all has to do with our Government making us Dependent on them.
    Except that it's the people that elect them. Self-imposed punishment.

Would anyone here actually carry while actively playing baseball? There are a lot of situations where I do not want to carry simply because it is a pain in the ass.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    Would anyone here actually carry while actively playing baseball? There are a lot of situations where I do not want to carry simply because it is a pain in the ass.
    I would suspect that not everyone would be playing ball.

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    I'm going to post this at the risk of being disparaged, but here it goes...

The congress members were lucky they had immediate LE and security to respond to the shooting in Alexandria. Suppose it had been an ordinary baseball park with ordinary citizens practicing? Sitting ducks! No one to immediately respond. No guns. The only thing to preserve life is to rely on someone to be brave enough to try to take the gunman down. But the assumed position is to 'take cover'. Now I don't blame people for taking cover. But, there is no fight in Americans.

I work on a military base. We routinely have 'active shooter' exercises. The first action is to take cover and lock down. On a military base; where folks are trained to fight. This has become the standard everywhere - take cover, hide, barricade... I reject this response. I am constantly thinking about what I would do if I came across a shooter. I'm no big, brave hero thumping my chest. But I'm also not going to cower just to be helpless getting killed. I'm going to try to do something.

Now, there are more threats coming out to shoot republicans. I have no idea if those threats are real, but I certainly plan to take it seriously. Is this going to be our new norm? Have we now entered into a new phase of this anti-Trump hatred; something I have been waiting to see if it will happen? Are folks going to start thinking about what they would do in these situations? Rather than take cover and wait for LE to save you, actually do something?
    Yesterday on NPR, Congresswoman Val Demings (an ex-cop from Orlando, FL) responded to a Republican Congressman who said "The best defense against a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun." Her gun-grabbing comment was to the effect, Yes, there were police officers and Secret Service members there. Thinking she had made an anti-gun argument, I said to myself "Yes, a good guy immediately present." You cannot guarantee a police officer or secret service agent will be immediately present when the bad guy with a gun shows up.
    “In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act” - Geo Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    I would think someone who carries might keep the weapon in a bag in the dugout or a vehicle nearby.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AmDC-David_Weeks-thumb-620x827-37097.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	118904

Members who have read this thread: 80