Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heritage 485

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    They have water there. I think that's free.
    Got better than water at home. I'll stick to that.

Don't mind paying for good food... Don't like getting overcharged for it either.

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    That was a wonderful review and I'm thoroughly annoyed by it because I know that without Budweiser and fried chicken wings, that restaurant will be done within a couple of years. People bitch and complain that there are no good restaurants in SoMD, but there are and always have been...it's just the locals refuse to patronize them. Saphron was amazing and they should have been packed every single night of the week, but nope. The Applebee's was packed, and Outback was packed, and McDonald's had lines out the door, but Saphron sat alone with its wonderful low country cuisine night after night.

If people have to leave the main road to go eat, they won't do it. I swear if Jerry's was one street over from Rt 4, he'd be gone by now.
    They actually have wings on the menu...gotta eat them at the bar though I get what you're saying though.

I have to admit I was a little disappointed in the place that opened up where Café D artiste used to be. I was expeciting their menu to be more along the lines of this place.
    "You die and go to heaven, I'll stay here in Bermuda".

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    Got better than water at home. I'll stick to that.

Don't mind paying for good food... Don't like getting overcharged for it either.
    Most people don't.

The burger is good, I hear. Only $13.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    Wow!

$28 for a sirloin steak?

Nothing is that good. I'll eat at home.
    Well, there ARE steaks that good, just not sirloin.

Their prices do seem high - $9 for olives and bread? $11 for cheese and crackers? No. But you're also paying for the professional staff and the atmosphere, which has value. This looks like the sort of place that Monello would like to go to and I'd go along just because he does nice things for me all the time. I'm into the clam shacks these days.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Most people don't.

The burger is good, I hear. Only $13.
    I'm always interested in how restaurant owners decide on prices. I look at some items and think, yeah, that's about right; then I look at others and figure they must have been smoking dope when they priced that one. I also never understand why they don't offer apps in several sizes, or make them smaller and cheaper - like a, you know, appetizer instead of a meal.

But again, I'm not a fine dining person so what I think doesn't really matter.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

We get mussels all the time. Our go-to place is Neptunes in North Beach, but the addition of the leeks set these over the top.
    love the mussels at neptunes

Quote Originally Posted by lovinmaryland View Post
    I have to admit I was a little disappointed in the place that opened up where Café D artiste used to be. I was expeciting their menu to be more along the lines of this place.
    I've been there once and was a bit disappointed. I expected more variety on the menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

I've always associated overpriced "Fine Dining" to the more common term... Pretentious.

The "Fine Dining" that I have participated in a few times, always involved "little food" and "big prices". I understand the whole presentation thing, but, if I order a dinner, I want an adult dinner with adult sized food.

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Well, there ARE steaks that good, just not sirloin.
    OK... The Grill on your deck doesn't count here.

Members who have read this thread: 43