Starr says questioning of Sessions designed to embarrass him

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Starr says questioning of Sessions designed to embarrass him

“The attorney general was exactly right. He was protecting executive privilege, he wasn’t asserting it,” Mr. Starr said on CNN.

Mr. Starr acted as an independent counsel during the investigation into former President Bill Clinton for charges of perjury and obstruction of justice.

He said the repeated question of Mr. Sessions in open session was designed to “embarrass” the attorney general rather than get answers.

“He was asked continuously, repetitively, what conversations did you have with the president — to me, it was in fact a very well-known drama,” Mr. Starr said. “I think it was an entire exercise that was intended in large part to embarrass the attorney general.”

Hijinx

Surprise, surprise, surprise..........

It's not surprising to me but in this hallowed hall where as each man stand they give praise to their cohorts and call them "The Honorable Senator" these people hate each other and will turn on them like Rabid dogs. Indeed there is a similar theme to their BS as the Roman Senate, only they don't wear Toga's.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Of course it was. I thought AG Sessions did an excellent job, in spite of the axxh*lery of his former colleagues in the Senate.

The senators on this committee should be ashamed of themselves, because they have no right to treat people who come before them to testify as if they are common criminals. These people are citizens of the US just like anyone in that room, and deserve to be treated with respect.

Last edited:

SamSpade

Of course it was. I thought AG Sessions did an excellent job, in spite of the #######ry of his former colleagues in the Senate.

The senators on this committee should be ashamed of themselves, because they have no right to treat people who come before them to testify as if they are common criminals. These people are citizens of the US just like anyone in that room, and deserve to be treated with respect.

I have little patience with Congressional hearings - if they were in a court of law, we'd hear "objection" all day long, especially when the person doing the grilling goes off and decides to *preach* instead of actually asking a question.
Moreover, at the end of a *trial* someone is exonerated or goes to jail - with Congress, it's either nothing happens or there's more hearings.