Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Congressional shooter - Mika Blames Trump

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    Well you know - Trump BRAGS about wanting to grab women by their ****y, and that's horrible. Clinton shoves cigars in there while in the White House, and that's no big deal.
    It's like these liberals live in a universe that doesn't allow them to see who they really are. Has Mika even paid attention to the hateful, despicable, violence-inciting rhetoric coming from their own? I found much of what Trump said over the course of the election as uncomfortable and unnecessary. But nothing I would interpret as inciting violence. And, if he was inciting violence, his followers weren't committing violence on a level anywhere near what the left was doing. There were isolated incidents, but my God! The left has inflicted all-out riots all over the country. They've mucked up traffic everywhere. They've pulled people from their cars and beat the daylights out of them. And now we have a shooting. And people like Mika find it within them to blame Trump? There is something deeply wrong with these people.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  2. #12
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    117,824
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    It's like these liberals live in a universe that doesn't allow them to see who they really are. Has Mika even paid attention to the hateful, despicable, violence-inciting rhetoric coming from their own? I found much of what Trump said over the course of the election as uncomfortable and unnecessary. But nothing I would interpret as inciting violence. And, if he was inciting violence, his followers weren't committing violence on a level anywhere near what the left was doing. There were isolated incidents, but my God! The left has inflicted all-out riots all over the country. They've mucked up traffic everywhere. They've pulled people from their cars and beat the daylights out of them. And now we have a shooting. And people like Mika find it within them to blame Trump? There is something deeply wrong with these people.
    Mika is a progbot who works for the #1 progpress network. What's she supposed to say?

    My disappointment is with Joe Scarborough. He used to be sane and sensible; now he's a freaking crazy just like Mika. I get having to earn a living, but for crying out loud. How much of your soul do you really want to sell?
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Mika is a progbot who works for the #1 progpress network. What's she supposed to say?

    My disappointment is with Joe Scarborough. He used to be sane and sensible; now he's a freaking crazy just like Mika. I get having to earn a living, but for crying out loud. How much of your soul do you really want to sell?
    Sorry, but I just can't get past the blatant dishonesty. I fail to understand how so-called 'intelligent people' can so lack a conscience, logic, and be so dishonest. We're talking about someone who is shown to be directly affiliated with Sanders. We have seen protest after protest against Trump with people wearing Sanders garb and signs - these people committing violence - and Mika blames Trump. Forget how illogical this is; this is just blatant dishonesty. People got shot. It could have been a massacre, and all she can do is blame Trump. This really borders on evil - certainly hatred.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

  4. #14
    Politics without Principle.

    Think of anything Obama did that mirrored W, and what did the reaction, coverage or support base look like?

    Think now about Trump, who is no raging conservative, nor libertarian on many issues.... If he had a D on his Party affiliation, they'd be cheering but because he doesn't

    It's all about Power! Control! And if you have to lie a little to hold onto or build it... No problem.

  5. #15
    Splat Toxick's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2003
    Location
    Parked
    Posts
    18,944
    In all honesty - anyone who attempts to blame the other side for the problem IS the problem.

    This is where the problem comes from. Each side is so convinced of their own moral and intellectual superiority that they absolutely refuse to see things from the other side. Then they listen exclusively to others who are like-minded, they gather around exclusively with those who are like minded especially on social media - they fan the flames of the like-minded, who in turn fan the flames back. In essence you have everyone politically working themselves into such a venomous lather that it becomes self-fueling masturbation of hate and indignation - and masturbation usually leads to some form of climax.

    Frankly I'm amazed it took this long for someone to take a shot like this.




    And now you have photo-ops where everyone's at a baseball game singing kumbaya and all but tongue kissing on the diamond - meanwhile, you have Republicans blaming "Libtards" for this, and Democrats blaming "RepuKKKunts" for that, and you got Nancy Pelosi with her botox-infused rictus caterwauling about "how dare they".... Nobody wants to be the one to hold out an olive branch and say, "Hey, we're all after the same thing, we just have different ways to achieve it". Because for some ungodly reason in this country, being empathetic and cooperating is a sign of weakness. But until that happens, the rift in this country will continue to grow and become more contentious.
    --
    Well, it's been in your mouth for like, three hours. It feels like it's full of water.

  6. #16
    The great Toximus has spoken :wildapplausefromcrowd:
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

  7. #17
    Board Mommy vraiblonde's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    117,824
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxick View Post
    In all honesty - anyone who attempts to blame the other side for the problem IS the problem.

    This is where the problem comes from. Each side is so convinced of their own moral and intellectual superiority that they absolutely refuse to see things from the other side. Then they listen exclusively to others who are like-minded, they gather around exclusively with those who are like minded especially on social media - they fan the flames of the like-minded, who in turn fan the flames back. In essence you have everyone politically working themselves into such a venomous lather that it becomes self-fueling masturbation of hate and indignation - and masturbation usually leads to some form of climax.

    Frankly I'm amazed it took this long for someone to take a shot like this.




    And now you have photo-ops where everyone's at a baseball game singing kumbaya and all but tongue kissing on the diamond - meanwhile, you have Republicans blaming "Libtards" for this, and Democrats blaming "RepuKKKunts" for that, and you got Nancy Pelosi with her botox-infused rictus caterwauling about "how dare they".... Nobody wants to be the one to hold out an olive branch and say, "Hey, we're all after the same thing, we just have different ways to achieve it". Because for some ungodly reason in this country, being empathetic and cooperating is a sign of weakness. But until that happens, the rift in this country will continue to grow and become more contentious.
    Nice post.

    But there can be only one winner. My Mom has this mentality: she'll see me cooking something, for example, and go, "Oh, I usually do it this way..." then wait for me to stop what I'm doing and do it her way. When I continue to do it my way, she gets mad. Because one of us must be wrong, and she doesn't want it to be her.

    Sports teams, religion, and yes politics.

    There can only be one winner and one side that's doing it right.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

  8. #18
    I have no problem whatsoever seeing things from conservatives perspective, I can understand their positions even when I disagree.

    As far as Democrats go... They are nothing more than a Soviet created monstrosity that deserves no better than to be oxygen starved.

  9. #19
    Splat Toxick's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2003
    Location
    Parked
    Posts
    18,944
    Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    But there can be only one winner.


    I disagree with this premise.


    We all win or lose as a unit. This is a country, not a sport divided into 2 teams. When the tide rises, we all float up. When the tide sinks, we all drop. Turning it into a contest pits people against each other so they're pulling in opposite directions, instead of getting everyone pulling toward a common goal.

    The us vs. them mentality may benefit the Soros's and Rothschilds of the world.
    For everyone else ... this is why we don't have flying cars and self-tying shoes, and pleasure cruises around the moons of Mars yet.
    --
    Well, it's been in your mouth for like, three hours. It feels like it's full of water.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxick View Post
    I disagree with this premise.


    We all win or lose as a unit. This is a country, not a sport divided into 2 teams. When the tide rises, we all float up. When the tide sinks, we all drop. Turning it into a contest pits people against each other so they're pulling in opposite directions, instead of getting everyone pulling toward a common goal.
    That presumes one of two things. Either that there IS a way to convince multiple parties with divergent ideas on govts role, ability and responsibility to solve certain common problems. ( Hopefully without creating more or worse problems )

    Or, that all of their proposed solutions, ideals are equally correct. They can't be.

Members who have read this thread: 38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |