"Pay attention, there in the back of the class!"

Wishbone

Sounds like an Onion type of...

human-bomb-class-suicide-bombers.jpg

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Thanx. As well as can be expected. In the process of sizing down everything so we can relocate them to assisted care in AR in the fall.

Tough job. Wishing you the best on that, buddy.

I'm lucky that Mom is living with a sister and is semi-independent still..although we have to move her around from one of our places to the next all the time to keep her engaged and happy.

We found a nice place, still under construction so it's brand new. Minutes away from my brother, his two daughters and their families. It will take a huge burden off me being 3 hours away right now. The big issue is going from a 1700 sq ft house to a 2 bedroom apt. Dad has years and years of accumulation, garage and shed full of power tools, hobbies, ham radio stuff...... oi.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
We found a nice place, still under construction so it's brand new. Minutes away from my brother, his two daughters and their families. It will take a huge burden off me being 3 hours away right now. The big issue is going from a 1700 sq ft house to a 2 bedroom apt. Dad has years and years of accumulation, garage and shed full of power tools, hobbies, ham radio stuff...... oi.

I visited my Grandmother last month and she has a really cute 2 bedroom apartment in assisted living facility. It was handy when I spent the night with her.

It's not easy, but we're progressing. Mom is 87, dad is 91. Both still independent, both still have full mental faculties, but it's time to let someone else do the cooking, laundry, etc.... Dad only just recently lost his driving privs. At 90 he still drove better than many many people I know, and I'm not saying that because I'm biased. But it was time and although he bitched and pissed and moaned ad nauseum, he gets it now.

And hell, I'm 62, I should be the one contemplating a care facility....

Hijinx

It's not easy, but we're progressing. Mom is 87, dad is 91. Both still independent, both still have full mental faculties, but it's time to let someone else do the cooking, laundry, etc.... Dad only just recently lost his driving privs. At 90 he still drove better than many many people I know, and I'm not saying that because I'm biased. But it was time and although he bitched and pissed and moaned ad nauseum, he gets it now.

No disrespect intended and with all of the best wishes for your parents.
Pleas God just take me quick before this happens to me.

No disrespect intended and with all of the best wishes for your parents.
Pleas God just take me quick before this happens to me.

I've said the same thing. I have no family to take care of me, and I will not die alone in a nursing home. When the time is right, I'm gonna drive off a cliff Thelma and Louise style.

Inkd

And hell, I'm 62, I should be the one contemplating a care facility....

It's good they will be close to family. My grandfather is 90 and is much the same way, still has him mental faculties and able to drive to his sisters house up the street for lunch and a few other places close by but the time is coming where even that will be too much for him.

Thankfully, my mother lives in the apartment upstairs so there will be no assisted living for him. My brother is close by too so that's a plus as well.