Best nail polish?

ginwoman

What is a good nail polish that is healthy for your nails? I've been using AVON and my nails have turned to crap...peeling, stained. Might not be the polish but it is suspicious.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Make sure you use a good base coat. I use Sally Hansen Miracle Nail Thickener in the purple bottle, but SH has about a thousand different nail strengtheners and thickeners that are probably all just as good. I also massage emu oil (just because that's what I use on my face, any good oil will do) into my nails and cuticles to moisturize and try to counteract that I use straight acetone to remove my polish twice a week (this is bad, m'kay, but I'm impatient and it does the trick).

OPI and Essie are my go-tos for polish.

Roman

I love Essie, but OPI is good too. Like Vrai said, use a base coat, which will help remedy the stain. Soak nails in lemon juice for a few minutes, of if you're impatient like me, use bleach. Just for a few seconds though. Wash hands, and use Emu oil. Let nails breathe between polishing. Take vitamins that might stop the peeling. Hair, Skin, & Nails is a good one that can be found at most vitamin sections of the store. Prenatal vitamins are good too.