Deuteronomy 11

seekeroftruth

Deuteronomy 11:8 Observe therefore all the commands I am giving you today, so that you may have the strength to go in and take over the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess, 9 and so that you may live long in the land the Lord swore to your ancestors to give to them and their descendants, a land flowing with milk and honey. 10 The land you are entering to take over is not like the land of Egypt, from which you have come, where you planted your seed and irrigated it by foot as in a vegetable garden. 11 But the land you are crossing the Jordan to take possession of is a land of mountains and valleys that drinks rain from heaven. 12 It is a land the Lord your God cares for; the eyes of the Lord your God are continually on it from the beginning of the year to its end.

13 So if you faithfully obey the commands I am giving you today—to love the Lord your God and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul— 14 then I will send rain on your land in its season, both autumn and spring rains, so that you may gather in your grain, new wine and olive oil. 15 I will provide grass in the fields for your cattle, and you will eat and be satisfied.​

This is from the easy English site.

Moses compared Egypt to the country that God had promised to the Israelites. In Egypt, people had to get water from the river Nile to water their crops. They dug channels that took water from the river. These channels led water to their fields. They used their feet to send water to different fields. If people dug channels for water, they would get good crops. In their new country, the Israelites had to depend on God for the rains. If they obeyed him, the rains would come. In autumn, it rained in October. And in spring, it rained in April. Then they would have good crops. The rain in October helped the farmers to plough the land. The rain in April helped the crops to grow. If it did not rain, the crops would not grow. Then there would be no food. The people did not follow God when Elijah was alive. As a result, there was very little food for three years.​

Happy Father's Day....

:coffee: