Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: backyard shooting range

Quote Originally Posted by limblips View Post

If you ask the forum, just pick the response you like best and go with it...... Good luck.
    Which responses were inaccurate or incorrect?
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    Which responses were inaccurate or incorrect?
    All were opinion so right or wrong does not apply. The OP was asking about the legal requirements that might need to be met. Our setup is on 258 acres with a 14 foot built up berm. We range out to 250 yards for our mulie and antelope trips.
    I demand rights for left-handed people!

All were opinion so right or wrong does not apply. .
    Interesting outlook.

One I don't share.... And you didn't point to any legal requirements either.

My 100-yard range is on a 40-acre island, backed by a 12' tall earth berm and a fairly large swamp area behind that. But that's just because that's what we decided to build. I can go shoot on a friend's farm here in the county too...for the longer stuff. He's got a 500' range that he built for "tuning" his rifle before his annual hunting trip out west.
    Last edited by Gilligan; 06-19-2017 at 09:05 AM.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

All were opinion so right or wrong does not apply. The OP was asking about the legal requirements that might need to be met. Our setup is on 258 acres with a 14 foot built up berm. We range out to 250 yards for our mulie and antelope trips.
    My farm is 650 acres, we can shoot out to 900 now...My backstop is a valley.
    But I'm slumming compared to my neighbors...
    And I always thought laws were what you can't do, not what you can..
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Interesting outlook.

One I don't share.... And you didn't point to any legal requirements either.

I am not qualified to provide legal information so I said (in my original reply) to contact the local sheriffs office for LEGAL guidance. I doubt the "But Gilligan does it and said it was okay" defense will hold up in court should a liability or violation issue come up.

Also, as for opinions, if mine is not in line with yours than it cannot be right to you, and yours is wrong to me, simple logic.

Also, as for opinions, if mine is not in line with yours than it cannot be right to you, and yours is wrong to me, simple logic.
    Still don't follow. You've implied that responses in this thread were inaccurate but have still failed to point out which of them are.

Oh..and good luck getting a "legal/proper use" determination from any LEO in writing. LOL

Still don't follow. You've implied that responses in this thread were inaccurate but have still failed to point out which of them are.

Oh..and good luck getting a "legal/proper use" determination from any LEO in writing. LOL
    Opinion:
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

I did not say any were inaccurate, I said "right or wrong does not apply".

And your comment regarding LEOs is also an opinion. See definition above.

Opinion:
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

I did not say any were inaccurate, I said "right or wrong does not apply".

And your comment regarding LEOs is also an opinion. See definition above.
    You are resorting to your own stilted interpretation to avoid the truth. What answers have been provided that are inaccurate? Inaccurate = incorrect = wrong.

Why do Some opinions represent the last word and even carry legal weight? Where is that definition, hmmm?

Show me a proper/legal property use letter provided by local LEO. I'll wait.

And btw, I didn't post any opinions. Only facts. So there.
    Last edited by Gilligan; 06-19-2017 at 12:57 PM.

But..... BU..... BUT... Your Honor, I talked with Sheriff Smallpenis and he........
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    But..... BU..... BUT... Your Honor, I talked with Sheriff Smallpenis and he........
    In my opinion, that would be heresay. :.0

Members who have read this thread: 124