Congressman to introduce bill allowing lawmakers to carry guns

Hijinx

littlelady

God bless the USA
They excepted themselves from Obamacare, they excepted themselves from Sex Harrassment suits, Now they want to except themselves from gun permits.
Well damnit it except me too, I am just as good as you turds, and the 2nd amendment was written for all Americans.
Not the politically elite.

Well, if they would do their job in Congress instead of being obstructive, cowards, or total maniacs, maybe Mr. Scalise wouldn't be in this condition. In other words, Congress inaction/action has caused the reaction. And, no, it does not mean the right to bear arms should be taken away from the American people. And, try doing that, btw. :lol: It means our gov is f'd up, and that is why Trump was elected, and never did I think Trump was a contender, but it shows US how fed up with Fed America is. Ivory towers, and all. There is a pun or joke in there, somewhere. But, it is what it is, and Americans need to stay vigilante. This is a huge example of why arms should not be taken away from legal owners. And, then, if Congress is allowed to carry, what are they going to do? Come to our houses, and say you can't have arms? Our gov is so convoluted and sad. Every American should be worried.

And, I think about how scared Melania is about her family being targeted. She didn't ask for this when she married Trump. I don't think she should be required to move herself and Barron into the WH.

Last edited:

This_person

http://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...ce-bill-allowing-lawmakers-to-carry-guns.html

This is utter b.s. That says to me that they think they're better than the common man.

It's a great "in" for Trump's campaign promise to provide a federal carry law. "Lawmakers are not the only ones getting shot, folks, and Representative Brooks has the right idea, but the wrong scope. Every law-abiding citizen in this country should have the right to both open and concealed carry for their own protection. Thank you, Rep Brooks, for bringing this subject to national attention, and we should fight every day until the Second Amendment actually accomplishes what it means to accomplish - law abiding American citizens who are allowed to protect themselves."

PsyOps

Pixelated
It's a great "in" for Trump's campaign promise to provide a federal carry law. "Lawmakers are not the only ones getting shot, folks, and Representative Brooks has the right idea, but the wrong scope. Every law-abiding citizen in this country should have the right to both open and concealed carry for their own protection. Thank you, Rep Brooks, for bringing this subject to national attention, and we should fight every day until the Second Amendment actually accomplishes what it means to accomplish - law abiding American citizens who are allowed to protect themselves."

"Allow" is the annoying part of this. The government allowing us to carry firearms.

"... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

This is a limitation placed on our government. They don't allow anything in these regards. They took a stinking oath to protect this right. Yet, we have allowed our government to violate their very oath to protect our liberties by demanding we ask them permission to keep and bear our firearms. Now we pay the consequences for it.

You get the government you deserve.

Last edited:

This_person

"Allow" is the annoying part of this. The government allowing us to carry firearms.

"... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

This is a limitation placed on our government. They don't allow anything in these regards. They took a stinking oath to protect this right. Yet, we have allowed our government to violate their very oath to protect our liberties by demanding we ask them permission to keep and bear our firearms. Now we pay the consequences for it.

You get the government you deserve.

I actually agree with you. I fell to using that same terminology. You're right.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I actually agree with you. I fell to using that same terminology. You're right.

And here's another annoying thing about rights: Liberals run around defending free speech, no matter how irresponsible it may be (e.g. Trump as portrayed as Julius Caesar getting stabbed to death); yet demand we all be accountable to the government to keep us as responsible gun owners. Not one right is more unalienable than any other. And they all require to be exercising in a responsible manner.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I heard the congressman talking about this over the weekend. According to what he said his proposal isn't just for congress critters and their staffs but reciprocity for all citizens with CCW permits to be allowed to conceal carry in DC. Still waiting for the text of his bill to surface to actually read it, but, on face value, it isn't what is being reported.

Ken King

PREMO Member
You gotta wonder why just reciprocity with just DC?
Why not Constitutional Carry....

Nope, no wondering for me. Reciprocity has been left to the states to decide, right or wrong, that is our current status. Congress has legislative authority over DC and they are moving them towards a better 2A environment.

black dog

Free America
Here's a fun fact..
Forty-five states allow open carry of firearms." Groups both for and against stricter gun laws told us there are five states that have laws banning open carry for handguns: California, Florida, Illinois, New York and South Carolina.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Here's a fun fact..
Forty-five states allow open carry of firearms." Groups both for and against stricter gun laws told us there are five states that have laws banning open carry for handguns: California, Florida, Illinois, New York and South Carolina.

Yep, and add to it DC, they also ban open carry.

black dog

Free America
Nope, no wondering for me. Reciprocity has been left to the states to decide, right or wrong, that is our current status. Congress has legislative authority over DC and they are moving them towards a better 2A environment.

Can you post what Congress has done for a better 2A in DC....