Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Congressman to introduce bill allowing lawmakers to carry guns

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    "Allow" is the annoying part of this. The government allowing us to carry firearms.

"... the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

This is a limitation placed on our government. They don't allow anything in these regards. They took a stinking oath to protect this right. Yet, we have allowed our government to violate their very oath to protect our liberties by demanding we ask them permission to keep and bear our firearms. Now we pay the consequences for it.

You get the government you deserve.
    I actually agree with you. I fell to using that same terminology. You're right.
    There are only two possibilities; one is that we are alone in the universe, the other is that we are not.
    Both are terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by This_person View Post
    I actually agree with you. I fell to using that same terminology. You're right.
    And here's another annoying thing about rights: Liberals run around defending free speech, no matter how irresponsible it may be (e.g. Trump as portrayed as Julius Caesar getting stabbed to death); yet demand we all be accountable to the government to keep us as responsible gun owners. Not one right is more unalienable than any other. And they all require to be exercising in a responsible manner.
    "Never let the old man in." - Clint Eastwood quoting an old friend

I heard the congressman talking about this over the weekend. According to what he said his proposal isn't just for congress critters and their staffs but reciprocity for all citizens with CCW permits to be allowed to conceal carry in DC. Still waiting for the text of his bill to surface to actually read it, but, on face value, it isn't what is being reported.

You gotta wonder why just reciprocity with just DC?
    Why not Constitutional Carry....
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Because it's easier to get Congress to approve a limitation on D.C. authority than it is for the entire nation.
    “In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act” - Geo Orwell

Nope, no wondering for me. Reciprocity has been left to the states to decide, right or wrong, that is our current status. Congress has legislative authority over DC and they are moving them towards a better 2A environment.

Here's a fun fact..
    Forty-five states allow open carry of firearms." Groups both for and against stricter gun laws told us there are five states that have laws banning open carry for handguns: California, Florida, Illinois, New York and South Carolina.

Here's a fun fact..
    Forty-five states allow open carry of firearms." Groups both for and against stricter gun laws told us there are five states that have laws banning open carry for handguns: California, Florida, Illinois, New York and South Carolina.
    Yep, and add to it DC, they also ban open carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken King View Post
    Nope, no wondering for me. Reciprocity has been left to the states to decide, right or wrong, that is our current status. Congress has legislative authority over DC and they are moving them towards a better 2A environment.
    Can you post what Congress has done for a better 2A in DC....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken King View Post
    Yep, and add to it DC, they also ban open carry.
    Why isn't Maryland included in the States that ban open carry.

Members who have read this thread: 55