Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Flat Fee to List House for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by LightRoasted View Post
    If I may ...

JHFC! Semantics! Are you that dense? Maybe there should be FSBREAO? (For Sale By Real Estate Agent Owner) But how the f*ck would you pronounce that? If, a real estate agent, that owned their own house, wanted to sell their own house, outside the MLS system, and outside of their broker, that person can absolutely sell FSBO as an owner! But they must state that they are a Maryland licensed real estate salesperson in all advertising. Having to disclose they are a licensed agent is the only requirement. They are still the owner of the house. It is exactly the same absent the disclosure!
    For sale by owner generally indicates that the seller is not a real estate professional. I believe most people would find it rather odd that a real estate agent would sell their own home outside of MLS and outside their brokerage but to each their own.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I can't see any reason a buyer's agent couldn't freely contact a FSBO and try to get them to sell to their client. I had a realtor call me the other day asking about a private, non-MLS-listed rental I'm offering, and wanted to talk about what we would pay if they brought a client. Same thing for a sale as a rental, I think. The FSBO seller could agree to pay 2-3 percent if they wanted the business, or would be free to reject the request.

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenhawk View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I can't see any reason a buyer's agent couldn't freely contact a FSBO and try to get them to sell to their client. I had a realtor call me the other day asking about a private, non-MLS-listed rental I'm offering, and wanted to talk about what we would pay if they brought a client. Same thing for a sale as a rental, I think. The FSBO seller could agree to pay 2-3 percent if they wanted the business, or would be free to reject the request.
    They can, and they should, when acting in the best interests of their client. And on the reverse, say if you did not want to pay the 2-3% fee, and the buyer/renter still wanted it, then it would be the buyer/renter paying that fee. Either way the agent gets paid.
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapidus View Post
    For sale by owner generally indicates that the seller is not a real estate professional. I believe most people would find it rather odd that a real estate agent would sell their own home outside of MLS and outside their brokerage but to each their own.
    Many times I have seen FSBO signs or advertising, at the bottom of the Ad it will state Agent Owned..
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

If I may ...

FSBO doesn't generally indicate anything other than an owner selling their house. JHFC! You must practice very hard everyday to be this stupid. Have you never heard of examples? Does someone have to spell out everything in such minute detail so you can follow along? Can you not intelligently read into a statement? Does someone have to hold your pee pee for you while you use the toilet? Wipe your ass for you?
    If the military wanted you to have a spouse, or family, they would have issued you one.

If I may ...

FSBO doesn't generally indicate anything other than an owner selling their house. JHFC! You must practice very hard everyday to be this stupid. Have you never heard of examples? Does someone have to spell out everything in such minute detail so you can follow along? Can you not intelligently read into a statement? Does someone have to hold your pee pee for you while you use the toilet? Wipe your ass for you?
    You really need to calm down before you have a heart attack.

I was merely pointing out some information you had omitted.

You must be fun at parties

You really need to calm down before you have a heart attack.

I was merely pointing out some information you had omitted.

You must be fun at parties
    I bet LR is a hoot at parties. His sense of humor is awesome. Yours not so much. It looks like you are the one having a heart attack. I hope you will be ok. After reading, this thread, my take away from your posts is that you think real estate agents can't sell their own house. My mom was an agent in NOLA, and she sold our house when we moved to TX. What part don't you get?
    Last edited by littlelady; 06-21-2017 at 01:23 AM.
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

If I may ...

That is your right. As long as you inform your agent to ignore FSBO's, that's fine. But you must inform the agent of that specific desire, and a good agent will get that in writing. Also, it is not the job of an agent to "sort the wheat from the chaff". An agent must present everything to their buying client. An agent is not a mind reader. People's, aka buyer's, tastes can, and do, change with new information, sometimes on a daily basis. Any desires of a client that are not in writing, then an agent must perform to the utmost of due diligence for their client at all times. And that means showing every property that is available per the clients criteria. A verbal agreement just does not cut it. You hire them to be your eyes and ears, to represent you in a very large, and complicated, transaction. There are so many traps and pitfalls related to real estate, that it would blow your mind. BTW, there are plenty fine, and excellent, homes being offered by FSBO. Would it surprise you to know that many real estate agents sell FSBO? They just use the MLS system and list it through their broker.
    Please point me to the COMAR or NAR code of ethics section that makes it so.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I bet LR is a hoot at parties. His sense of humor is awesome. Yours not so much. It looks like you are the one having a heart attack. I hope you will be ok. After reading, this thread, my take away from your posts is that you think real estate agents can't sell their own house. My mom was an agent in NOLA, and she sold our house when we moved to TX. What part don't you get?
    They can. They just have to disclose at every step along the way that they are a real estate professional.
    The reason for an agent to sell 'FSBO' is to stiff their broker on their point of the sale. The better brokers will forego or discount their commission if one of their agents buys on their own account to avoid that odd looking situation.

If I may ...

Quote Originally Posted by officeguy View Post
    Please point me to the COMAR or NAR code of ethics section that makes it so.
    https://www.nar.realtor/sites/defaul...uty-032213.pdf
    http://law.justia.com/codes/maryland...ection-17-532/
    An agent can not properly do their responsibilities and represent the best interests of the client without presenting all possible properties. Another reason an agent should present all properties is to prevent any appearance of steering. It is a violation of the Federal Fair Housing Law to "steer" a client to or away from a neighborhood. Say in a certain neighborhood that the only homes for sale just happen to be FSBO, (say there are three, even only one would suffice, in a 50 home neighborhood), and the agent does not present them to their client. Now, if their client is black and that neighborhood is predominantly white, or visa versa, that could be argued as a case of steering based on color, discrimination, and that agent would, will, absolutely, without a doubt, lose big time, regardless of intent. So while there may not be a specifically spelled out rule or law, you better believe it is there. Because there is federal law, state law, county law, city law, municipality law. And then there is NAR, MAR, and SMAR, for our area. Any agent that does not present all properties, absent a signed disclaimer to do so, is gambling with their license, and a hefty fine, up to $50,000. Also, there are people out there that plot against real estate agents looking for a big payday just hoping for a screw up so they can file a claim with the Maryland Real Estate Commission or with the Department of Housing and Urban Development, or both. That's all they do, some people. Then there are testers from the Maryland Real Estate Commission trying to trip up agents. There are so many pitfalls for an agent. That is one reason why an agent "must" present all properties, if only to cover their ass.

Members who have read this thread: 90