13 white males in a back room .........

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
"The Republican party right now is trying to take away health insurance from 23 million people and they are literally drafting up a piece of legislation that affects one-sixth of our economy under the cover of darkness, which is 13 all white males in the back room," said Sellers, describing Republican proposals as a "travesty of justice."

Moments earlier, Rep. Debbie Dingell (D-MI) expressed similar resentment, implicitly calling for political quotas based on sex: “Right now, you’ve got thirteen men writing a bill that’s gonna affect more than 50% of the population is women."

State of the Union host, Jake Tapper, was silent on his panelists' lamentations regarding racial and sex quotas for politicians. Neither Rick Santorum nor Rep. Charlie Dent (R-PA) — also panelists for the discussion — responded to either Sellers' or Dingell's racial or gender-based agitation.

Tapper presents himself as a politically objective and non-partisan news media figure. CNN similarly presents itself as a politically objective and non-partisan news media outlet, billing itself as "The Most Trust Name In News."

CNN Pundit: 'Thirteen All-White Males In The Back Room' Are Writing AHCA

Midnightrider

"The Republican party right now is trying to take away health insurance from 23 million people and they are literally drafting up a piece of legislation that affects one-sixth of our economy under the cover of darkness, which is 13 all white males in the back room," said Sellers, describing Republican proposals as a "travesty of justice."

Moments earlier, Rep. Debbie Dingell (D-MI) expressed similar resentment, implicitly calling for political quotas based on sex: “Right now, you’ve got thirteen men writing a bill that’s gonna affect more than 50% of the population is women."

State of the Union host, Jake Tapper, was silent on his panelists' lamentations regarding racial and sex quotas for politicians. Neither Rick Santorum nor Rep. Charlie Dent (R-PA) — also panelists for the discussion — responded to either Sellers' or Dingell's racial or gender-based agitation.

Tapper presents himself as a politically objective and non-partisan news media figure. CNN similarly presents itself as a politically objective and non-partisan news media outlet, billing itself as "The Most Trust Name In News."

CNN Pundit: 'Thirteen All-White Males In The Back Room' Are Writing AHCA
the gender angle is pretty stupid, but every American should be outraged that the right is trying to do exactly what they were so furious about the left doing, creating legislation in secret and then forcing members to vote on it before having the chance to review it. That's not even getting into the whole hiding it from the American people issue.
I am 100% behind ending Obamacare, I am 100% against doing it in secret like the dems did in 2008.

Chris0nllyn

the gender angle is pretty stupid, but every American should be outraged that the right is trying to do exactly what they were so furious about the left doing, creating legislation in secret and then forcing members to vote on it before having the chance to review it. That's not even getting into the whole hiding it from the American people issue.
I am 100% behind ending Obamacare, I am 100% against doing it in secret like the dems did in 2008.

No, no, no. It's different, because Republicans.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

No, no, no. It's different, because Republicans.

When was the vote on the Senate bill taken? You cannot accuse the Republicans of pulling a Nancy Pelosi swindle until the Republicans force a vote without allowing the members to read the bill. Sorry, guys. You're wrong once again.

PsyOps

Pixelated

What's good for the goose...

Take you medicine son...

Your past has consequences...

Midnightrider

Take you medicine son...

its not my past son. You need some remedial reading classes
I'm sorry, where in the article does it talk about forcing members to vote on it before they could review it??
[QUOTEhttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/republican-health-care-bill-mcconnell-rubio_us_5946a114e4b01eab7a2e71f3=]A group of GOP senators has been writing the bill in private. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) plans to take legislation directly to the Senate floor, where it will most likely get just 20 hours of formal discussion. Neither the Finance Committee nor the Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee ― the two with jurisdiction ― plan to hold hearings. (In 2009 and 2010, Democrats held literally hundreds of hours of hearings, as part of a process for the Affordable Care Act that took more than a year to complete.)
[/QUOTE]
not to mention there are some rumors that the republicans plan on using an alternate bill for the majority of the 20 hour debate, and then adding an amendment to it that substitutes the real bill in the last couple of hours of the debate.

Like I said, I am all for ending Obama care, but the congress should handle this above board.

Midnightrider

I was replying to this. Perhaps it's you that needs remedial reading classes............... son

again, its not my past any more than it is yours. I didn't vote for it and I am not a democrat. You need remedial reading classes....... SON :bigwhoop:

BTW, which part of that statement do you disagree with?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Like I said, I am all for ending Obama care, but the congress should handle this above board.

Obama are imploding too fast for years of political BS. The Dems And the press will never let it rest..
Someone needs to get something done and now. The Republicans are doing what America needs......get the Hell out of the way....

Midnightrider

Obama are imploding too fast for years of political BS. The Dems And the press will never let it rest..
Someone needs to get something done and now. The Republicans are doing what America needs......get the Hell out of the way....

sounds just like Pelosi in 2008, good work :yay:

PsyOps

Pixelated
again, its not my past any more than it is yours. I didn't vote for it and I am not a democrat. You need remedial reading classes....... SON :bigwhoop:

BTW, which part of that statement do you disagree with?

the part where you think that when I use the word "you", you think I'm specifically talking about YOU. Do you understand what a rhetorical statement is?

And stop with the "son"... I'm probably twice your age.

PeoplesElbow

That is how a committee for every bill that is written works, the committee drafts the bill then it leaves committee and is voted upon. If they let the entire congress craft the bill it would be about a million pages and take a couple hundred years for any bill to get out for a vote.

Wishbone

That is how a committee for every bill that is written works, the committee drafts the bill then it leaves committee and is voted upon. If they let the entire congress craft the bill it would be about a million pages and take a couple hundred years for any bill to get out for a vote.

So the whiskey rebellion would be happening, just about now...

Midnightrider

the part where you think that when I use the word "you", you think I'm specifically talking about YOU. Do you understand what a rhetorical statement is?

And stop with the "son"... I'm probably twice your age.
The part where you quote me and direct your response to "you". If you want to make general rhetorical comments don't quote me and I wont take it as you addressing me.
And don't live in a glass house if you don't want to be called son, son :yay:

Take you medicine son...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

and they also vote to amend the bill as well

This_person

This seems far too complicated.

Here's the bill they need to write:

This_person's "Insurance Reform Act" said:
This legislation will repeal all aspects of HR 3590 (originally known colloquially as the "Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009", re-titled to "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act", amended as "Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010") shall be repealed in all form and function; all aspects of the law and modifications to departments, requirements, and Code of Federal Regulations based on the act shall be null and void. This legislation is effective 180 days from becoming law.

Now, if there are good things in the act, pass follow-on legislation to support those good things. You have six months to do so.

How hard should this be?