Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SMECO failing to send bill

Quote Originally Posted by John Z View Post
    Somehow we also were switched to SMECO paperless billing. I think companies look for any semi-justification to do this. During a power outage when my wife called in, she selected the option of receiving text notification of power restoration. Then she started getting texts notifying us of our bill amount and due date. That meant, as I found out, that we stopped getting our paper bills. I was, therefore, late on one bill before I figured out that they stopped sending ye olde' fashion paper bills. I sighed and just adapted to the new process. I'm currently "straddling" the digital/paper world. I pay most bills electronically already, but I still get some paper bills. I guess I'm slowly being moved to the digital world.

Fun side story. Apparently with NFCU e-bill payment, some of the little companies still get a paper check from NFCU when I pay via e-billing. My trash company levied a late charge for a recent quarterly bill that was credited 5 days late. I had evidence of paying it on time, but the trash companies accounts person said she actually gets paper checks, and swears she checks their post office box every day. So I now have to adjust for possible slow mail delivery when I electronically pay my bill. What a wonderful modern world!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    That's also a good point. My oil delivery company doesn't have e-billing capability with their bank, and my bank has to issue checks. It's stated that way on my online bill pay area with my bank that it takes 5 days min to deliver.

In my case, the company has an online payment portal that is instantaneous, so I go that route. Maybe your trash company has one of those?
    Sounds like they bank with BB&T.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    Sounds like they bank with BB&T.
    Maybe, but so do I. You'd think it'd be easy.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    Maybe, but so do I. You'd think it'd be easy.
    You'd think so in the 21st century. Yet you use their online bill pay and they still cut a paper check. That's one thing I don't miss about them.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    You'd think so in the 21st century. Yet you use their online bill pay and they still cut a paper check. That's one thing I don't miss about them.
    Only for the oil company. All others work great.

Of course, BBT has always been a bit behind. It was only a few years ago they got the ATMs you could deposit a check into. But, I enjoy my local branch and have multiple checking accounts, savings account, HSA, car loan, and business account there.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Quote Originally Posted by beachcat View Post
    this is somewhat off topic, but how come the Postal Service still exists? ...
    To ship me gun, prepper and hot rod parts. ;-) A lot of the vendors I deal with use USPS exclusively these days, so I guess than means they are the cheapest option.
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

this is somewhat off topic, but how come the Postal Service still exists? I check my mail once, maybe twice a month....its all junk anyways. I check it more during Christmas, because it gets plugged up with all the catalogs and other crap.

I just think of all the waste and money that could be save if the postal service was eliminated. I sit here with a pile of crap I got from my box this am. all going in the trash. and, if I don't get my mail, the mailman crams that #### in there so tight.....
    I know the ads suck but the mail does help get letters back and forth to family that might have children,a spouse or a parent in boot camp for the military. Its the only way to communicate with the Air Force trainees going through boot camp and possibly the other military branches as well,and sometimes its a life savior for them. Especially if they are struggling through it. Plus its cheaper to use the Post Office flat rate boxes to send gifts, etc to the military stationed overseas.

this is somewhat off topic, but how come the Postal Service still exists?

give it another 50 yrs

in the mean time not everyone has internet and a / or a smart phone .... people are still up on dial up
    Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Hell I got a piece of mail that was addressed to someone in Accokeek yesterday.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    To ship me gun, prepper and hot rod parts. ;-) A lot of the vendors I deal with use USPS exclusively these days, so I guess than means they are the cheapest option.
    Not only that, but UPS and FedEx also contract USPS for a lot of deliveries.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by luvmygdaughters View Post
    Not sure if its Smeco or the post office. We have a PO box in Leonardtown, it seems every 6 - 8 weeks we get a pediatricans mail in our box, the numbers are similar, but, the stuff contains medical information regarding his patients. I have, on several occasions, taken the mail to the doctors office and dropped it off. So, I have to wonder if someone else is getting our mail. I have switched everything to paperless billing for that reason.
    I've had so many problems not receiving my mail at Leonardtown Post Office over the years.

Members who have read this thread: 83